Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Relax... just be on time though!

MadJam250

Unlike previous manufacturers' warranties, it seems, having just enquired, the new Lexus 'Relax' warranty offers no normal 1 month or 1000 mile leeway when it comes to the warranty ending/being valid. So basically, you must get a service done on/before time (12 months max) and within 10k miles (max) or run the risk of not being covered in the interim if you exceed those parameters. 

I still feel it's a shame Lexus isn't offering servicing without an obligatory, attached 'free' (not) warranty and did away with the Essential Care package that offered such good value for older Lexi (is that the plural?). 

Anyway, just putting this out there as a warning folks. 

• Like 1

That doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Their adverts are keen to say that even if you've had it serviced elsewhere, if you take it to them for a service you automatically get the 'free' Relax warranty for 12 months.

So, say you're a month late, that means that you've been running around for a month without any warranty cover, but the moment it completes a service at a Lexus dealership, surely the clock starts ticking again on a new 12 months of cover?

• Like 1

My relax warranty automatically kicked in (sent email) when my manufacturer warranty expired on the overlap from when I had my gs f serviced last year and as far as I can see so long as the to the service timescale/interval is observed the warranty wouldn't lapse surely.

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Is Lexus Relax UK only or global?

I know from the Facebook group that it's not available in the USA or Canada but don't know if it's UK-specific.

8 hours ago, Herbie said:

So, say you're a month late, that means that you've been running around for a month without any warranty cover, but the moment it completes a service at a Lexus dealership, surely the clock starts ticking again on a new 12 months of cover?

Yes, but the risk is you turn up for a service at 13-months and they say you need a new xyz at £5,000 and you are not covered and won't qualify for Relax again unless the xyz is fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spock66 said:

Yes, but the risk is you turn up for a service at 13-months and they say you need a new xyz at £5,000 and you are not covered and won't qualify for Relax again unless the xyz is fixed.

Yes, I agree that this is a risk if you let it run out as the car would be out of warranty when the fault is first reported.

Definitely best to not let it run out. I have got Lexus to do my mot at the same time as a service when I had the extended warranty, but it’s probably best to get it done separately in case it fails, especially with relax as there are many who say that Lexus can be very conservative at what they let through, so something that is perfectly serviceable that may be showing signs of aging could result in a very expensive repair (not covered by the warranty). Probably best to get mot done 3 or 4 weeks pre service when like me your mot and service are due at the same time. It also means you don’t have a panic on if it fails a few weeks befor the mot expires.

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

I know from the Facebook group that it's not available in the USA or Canada but don't know if it's UK-specific.

Here on the island Lexus tell me they do not know it. Just wanted to know if it is from Lexus as then they can be forced  to know it.

16 minutes ago, Pielight said:

Probably best to get mot done 3 or 4 weeks pre service when like me your mot and service are due at the same time. It also means you don’t have a panic on if it fails a few weeks befor the mot expires.

You can of course get your MOT done up to a month before it expires and maintain continuation of the expiry date, so I don't see a problem in getting in done at the same time as a service.

One of the reasons I bought a Lexus was so that hopefully I only have one trip to the garage a year, don't know about you but I put it in the same category as going to the dentists....

3 hours ago, Spock66 said:

You can of course get your MOT done up to a month before it expires and maintain continuation of the expiry date, so I don't see a problem in getting in done at the same time as a service.

One of the reasons I bought a Lexus was so that hopefully I only have one trip to the garage a year, don't know about you but I put it in the same category as going to the dentists....

Yes of course…there’s no problem, but the point I was making is that I’ve seen quite a few on other threads say that with at a dealer, if there’s any sign of deterioration of bushes etc, they flag them even if just superficial. As suspension/rubber components are not covered by relax that could be an expense that might be avoided at a decent independent who is more sensitive to you not shelling out to replace something that’s still serviceable. On gsf (and maybe others) whole suspension arms need replacing if bushes are shot, so not cheap.

As a small aside, like me many will find their service anniversary coincides with their mot expiry date, so you’d be  having a service done a month prematurely. 

My dentist experiences last year were very painful to say the least (Google dry socket in your unfamiliar!), lol 😱