Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally replaced the ISF

After selling my ISF last year I have been running about in a wee Toyota starlet turbo - which I love but needed a bigger car for occasional use and longer journeys so after much research and swallowing a few brave pills took the step into Maserati ownership .

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

62.jpg

15.jpg

21.jpg

• Like 7

Love that.  Massive kahunahs!! That is a wonderful thing, and a great colour combo.

Pre facelift it'll be the glorious 4.2, and is the auto, or the duo select?

Brilliant, keep us informed how you get on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killysprint said:

Love that.  Massive kahunahs!! That is a wonderful thing, and a great colour combo.

Pre facelift it'll be the glorious 4.2, and is the auto, or the duo select?

Brilliant, keep us informed how you get on.

Yes it is a late 2007 pre facelift Sport GT with auto 6speed ZF box - not the duo select .

Wow..looks like you took the whole bottle! ( “took a couple of Brave Pills”)😂

Not wishing any sort of bad Karma but…..Back in the ‘90’s my friend had a Vauxhall Carlton Lotus….you know the beast that was mentioned in the House of Commons because the Police forces could not catch it ( not even in a Helicopter!) and wanted it banned!

So he went to Derby to take a Maserati out for an extended test drive ( whole weekend ) leaving his Lotus at the dealers, in the course of that weekend it broke down and recovery was called out 3 times! ( starter motor, ignition switch and hand brake failures) let’s just say he was glad to get back in his Vauxhall and I have my fingers crossed for you that all goes well. Not sure what year your car is but hopefully things have improved in the reliability dept. But I reckon Its gonna be a million miles from the ISF

Note: I just noticed it’s a 2007 so now a ‘teenager’ so hopefully not a ‘Moody’ one.😂

• Like 1

Brave buy indeed

My colleague had one as a daily driver. Well he tried to daily it but it spent more time in the garage than the parking lot at work. So it didnt stay long.

the engine does sound awesome though.

• Like 1

I ran a 2007 Quattroporte Executive a few years back for about 18 months as a daily, no problems. Awesome car, every time I got in it was an event and the sound from the engine was sublime. Easily one of the top three cars I've owned out of 30+. Enjoy!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, msdsx said:

I ran a 2007 Quattroporte Executive a few years back for about 18 months as a daily, no problems. Awesome car, every time I got in it was an event and the sound from the engine was sublime. Easily one of the top three cars I've owned out of 30+. Enjoy!

Good to hear a positive experience ! 

It certainly has attracted a lot of attention and seems to get a lot more heads turning than the ISF ever did -not saying that's necessarily a good thing  - I liked the stealth factor with the ISF . Will be interesting to see how it does compare longer term . 

One of my all time favs!……. The ONLY contender as a replacement, I’ll be looking forward to updates as my only concern was a reliability one, a mates has the tourismo, he’s had a couple, first wasn’t good BUT spent nothing on the second, so to go back for a second one must say something, enjoy n keep me updated please 👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 1

There are a few common issues that seem to affect most of them but almost a week now and enjoying the experience so far . If you are seriously looking at any point in future drop me a message and I will try and give you the benefit of the research I did . 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

Did you consider/look at the 4200GT or Gransport? Always been tempted by the Gransport but mpg in the teens and potential for big bills scare me...

Prefer 4 doors although the 2 doors maybe look slightly better. The mpg is not so bad if you think of the fun factor . Totally depends on how you would use it . I work from home 95% of the time and have another car so won’t be running up a silly mileage on the Maserati although at the moment it is hard to walk past it and drive anything else on my drive . 
Potential scary bills yes but the way I look on it is it has probably done all of its depreciation to offset that slightly. 
The ISF is not immune to potential big bills either - albeit less likely . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would love a grancabrio as a weekender. Can't think of a finer thing to waft around in occasionally with the family. 

I can post the luggage in advance.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 10:07 PM, d3ron said:

Would love a grancabrio as a weekender. Can't think of a finer thing to waft around in occasionally with the family. 

I can post the luggage in advance.  

In the general scheme of things the word RELIABILITY and any vehicle from the FIAT family of vehicles is a contradiction in terms.