Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Google maps audio?

beyond the blue

I'm not a big fan of the Lexus nav in my ES as it's constantly telling me to do 'U' turns and wrong turns etc. Today my wife used google maps on her mobile phone that is paired to the ES, and it appears that as long as it is paired her phone says the audio is being channelled through the 'Lexus media' however there is no audio from her phone coming through the cars speakers. To listen to audio directions from her phone she had to disable Blutooth. Is there some setting on the ES that has to be enabled in order to hear it?

With it being a 2022 car can you not connect the phone to the front USB socket and use Android auto/ CarPlay?

we have the same issue you describe in my partners car when using Google maps, we have to turn Bluetooth off

21 minutes ago, Derant said:

With it being a 2022 car can you not connect the phone to the front USB socket and use Android auto/ CarPlay?

we have the same issue you describe in my partners car when using Google maps, we have to turn Bluetooth off

Thanks but l don't understand what Android auto/Carplay is.

52 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

Thanks but l don't understand what Android auto/Carplay is.

It’s just a way of mirroring your phone on the main car screen, it’s very easy but if you aren’t confident call into your Lexus dealer, they demonstrated it to me and I am sure they will set it up for you, only takes a couple of minutes. Android auto really makes the in car sat nav redundant 

3 hours ago, joelfigueira said:

Try playing it via a call in the settings that is what I have to do for waze to play through the speakers 

Thanks, is this a setting on the phone or the car? Sorry for sounding numb.

12 minutes ago, beyond the blue said:

You should have a usb port to plug a cable or it’s done via Bluetooth so you may need to pair your phone with the car. Best is to check the manual  that came with the car 

17 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

So basically you need to pair the Bluetooth on phone and car.

Then plug the phone in via USB port. On the car screen in the menus there should be an apple carplay or android auto button which will link it up

I dont know if for 2022 they made it wireless though 

Cable only use is my understanding. My Android phone will enable Google maps with audio but it works only as long as the phone is physically connected by a cable.

I use my phone with cable mainly in my wife's Toyota Yaris if I need Google maps and directions.  No sat nav in any Toyota Yaris. I guess manufacturers just assume everyone uses a phone these days for everything.  At least old gimmers like me must be thankful that the ES has a sat nav system. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links