Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange SatNav Issue

malcolmw

I was driving along the A36 southwest of Bath yesterday when I noticed the border of the map screen had turned red. The map seemed to still be working so I did a restart using the 5 second hold feature of the radio on button. The system restarted but came on with the radio selection screen showing (in the usual black) and without the map display. I also noticed that my Iphone was showing disconnected on the top of the screen (line through symbol).

I tried to select the map using the button on the touchpad but this had no effect. I then pushed the menu button and there were absolutely no SatNav or map functions showing on the menu options. It was just like the car didn't have navigation. I did the reset again with the same result except that now my phone seemed to have reconnected and was showing on the top of the screen. Just as a bit of extra information, my phone was in my jacket in the car boot and not inside with me.

On getting home, I parked in my drive and left the car for about an hour. I then switched on the ignition and the system restarted seemingly normally with the map on show. I will check it out further today but has anyone seen anything like this? As I have the paid-for extended warranty which I believe covers the infotainment system, I am considering reporting this to Lexus in case of future issues. 

7 hours ago, malcolmw said:

I was driving along the A36 southwest of Bath yesterday when I noticed the border of the map screen had turned red. The map seemed to still be working so I did a restart using the 5 second hold feature of the radio on button. The system restarted but came on with the radio selection screen showing (in the usual black) and without the map display. I also noticed that my iPhone was showing disconnected on the top of the screen (line through symbol).

I tried to select the map using the button on the touchpad but this had no effect. I then pushed the menu button and there were absolutely no SatNav or map functions showing on the menu options. It Why just like the car didn't have navigation. I did the reset again with the same result except that now my phone seemed to have reconnected and was showing on the top of the screen. Just as a bit of extra information, my phone was in my jacket in the car boot and not inside with me.

On getting home, I parked in my drive and left the car for about an hour. I then switched on the ignition and the system restarted seemingly normally with the map on show. I will check it out further today but has anyone seen anything like this? As I have the paid-for extended warranty which I believe covers the infotainment system, I am considering reporting this to Lexus in case of future issues. 

Which Extended Warranty Malc ?

Never seen this myself but essentially the infotainment system is a computer and no doubt we have all had our PC's crash from time to time and had to restart them, I would just keep an eye on it for now.

51 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Which Extended Warranty Malc ?

Lexuscare Extended Warranty. It covers "electrics" and cost me £2395 for 2 years cover in February 2021.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peniole said:

I would report it in writing so you have a paper trail and time stamp on occurrence.

I have e-mailed my dealer reporting the incident and asked for an acknowledgement.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links