Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10 year plus Extended Warranty

Hi good people

I'm having difficulty trying to find written info on the above. Does anyone have anything or preferably a link to obtain info on the warranty. I know I can contact my dealer but prefer to be up to speed on the warranty before contacting them. (2009 GS450h) Anyone taken this out?

39 minutes ago, Sherra said:

Hi good people

I'm having difficulty trying to find written info on the above. Does anyone have anything or preferably a link to obtain info on the warranty. I know I can contact my dealer but prefer to be up to speed on the warranty before contacting them. (2009 GS450h) Anyone taken this out?

41 minutes ago, Sherra said:

Hi good people

see here https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/130626-lexus-10-year-plus-extended-warranty/ 

Thanks John

I don't know why my search did not come up with that, the only thing it came up with was this ---

Perhaps my experience will clarify things a little Linus.

I bought a 12 year old (2009) RX450 last August from a private dealer, with 96k miles on the clock. I read about the 10 year plus extended warranty on here so I emailed my local Lexus dealer asking for details, and received a reply saying my car was too old for an extended warranty. I then phoned Lexus customer services, who confirmed the existence of the 10 year plus warranty,  and emailed details to my dealer. I was then provided with the extended warranty for around 500 quid a year, renewable annually until car is 15 yrs old or 150k miles. Warranty also includes UK and European breakdown cover.

So, it seems no existing warrranty is required, and you can just go in and buy it. Car needs to be serviced by Lexus to keep warranty valid,  and I think they might want to carry out an inspection first if they didn't service it last.

In short, there is a standalone extended warranty for cars 10-15yrs old and 100k-150k miles, but not all dealers appear to be aware of it, and so it may require a call to Lexus to send them the info.

Thanks again John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 9:25 PM, Sherra said:

Thanks John

I don't know why my search did not come up with that, the only thing it came up with was this ---

Perhaps my experience will clarify things a little Linus.

I bought a 12 year old (2009) RX450 last August from a private dealer, with 96k miles on the clock. I read about the 10 year plus extended warranty on here so I emailed my local Lexus dealer asking for details, and received a reply saying my car was too old for an extended warranty. I then phoned Lexus customer services, who confirmed the existence of the 10 year plus warranty,  and emailed details to my dealer. I was then provided with the extended warranty for around 500 quid a year, renewable annually until car is 15 yrs old or 150k miles. Warranty also includes UK and European breakdown cover.

So, it seems no existing warrranty is required, and you can just go in and buy it. Car needs to be serviced by Lexus to keep warranty valid,  and I think they might want to carry out an inspection first if they didn't service it last.

In short, there is a standalone extended warranty for cars 10-15yrs old and 100k-150k miles, but not all dealers appear to be aware of it, and so it may require a call to Lexus to send them the info.

Thanks again John

Does that cover brake discs as well?

I have taken out the 10 year plus extended warranty on my 2010 RX450H.

You do have to have the car serviced at Lexus however it does include the breakdown cover.

It seemed a good deal to me as the breakdown cover is £125 on its own

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cypry 1 said:

I have taken out the 10 year plus extended warranty on my 2010 RX450H.

You do have to have the car serviced at Lexus however it does include the breakdown cover.

It seemed a good deal to me as the breakdown cover is £125 on its own

I believe that you have chosen wisely Jim.Just no cover for the infotainment system.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links