Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A sign of the times

Herbie

• 3 months later...

actually the Aldi own brand   Beautifully Butterly   spread  stuff at 85p a tub is quite delicious on their Aldi own .......... honey infused, sliced 800gm loaf at maybe £1.19 a loaf ......  I have this with my breakfast every morning  BUT yes, the other 'arf has Lurpak too when she's feeling " rich " 

I refuse to buy the stuff now !   ( that could be me in the video too ) :whistling:

Malc

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 12:58 PM, steve2006 said:

I couldn’t believe the price of that stuff at £7.30 a tub!

giphy.gif

Castrol LM on my bread from now on 😀

An interesting coincidence Steve - 1 litre of petrol weighs approx 750 grams and costs £2 which we all think is scandalous 🤯. Yet the £7.30 lurpak is in fact for a 750 gram tub 🤔, so my question is are the owners of lurpak taking petrol as a guide to what they get away with 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

An interesting coincidence Steve - 1 litre of petrol weighs approx 750 grams and costs £2 which we all think is scandalous 🤯. Yet the £7.30 lurpak is in fact for a 750 gram tub 🤔, so my question is are the owners of lurpak taking petrol as a guide to what they get away with 😎

Perhaps they should join up with DFS and offer 4 years interest free credit and pay nothing for the first year. 

They could also rebrand slightly and call it “Lurpak spread the cost”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A little known fact - I met Noel Edmonds at the Gunnar Nilsson Memorial Trophy at Donington Park in June 1979. I did have his autographed photo but in the intervening 43 years, it appears to have gone walkies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cannot recall seeing such a large tub of butter on the shelves, so when you look at the normal sizes the Lurpack seems to be about the same price as the others (more or less)

Clever marketing ploy by someone ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mincey said:

A little known fact - I met Noel Edmonds at the Gunnar Nilsson Memorial Trophy at Donington Park in June 1979. I did have his autographed photo but in the intervening 43 years, it appears to have gone walkies.

What's that got to do with the price of fish? 🤔🤣

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

What's that got to do with the price of fish? 🤔🤣

Opening post - Deal or No Deal! Do keep up at the back 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VFR said:

Cannot recall seeing such a large tub of butter on the shelves, so when you look at the normal sizes the Lurpack seems to be about the same price as the others (more or less)

Clever marketing ploy by someone ?

Typically they started out at 250, then 500 then 1kg. 750 was introduced to make a big tub look more of a bargain - so yes. 

9 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Opening post - Deal or No Deal! Do keep up at the back 😁

That's a pretty tenuous thread James. 😊, connecting youthful adulation and swooning with the price of fuel, Lurpack or fish 🐟😱

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Lurpack

nope..... it's a     pack of  Lurpak ,  NOT a pack of  Lurpacks  .............  Lurrrr is a fishy smell too or a fishy motion .............wagging fin like thru' the water .....  if it's not it could be of course ....  'bout time we invented summat NEW for the Oxford English Dictionary  :unsure:

Malc

40 minutes ago, Malc said:

nope..... it's a     pack of  Lurpak ,  NOT a pack of  Lurpacks  .............  Lurrrr is a fishy smell too or a fishy motion .............wagging fin like thru' the water .....  if it's not it could be of course ....  'bout time we invented summat NEW for the Oxford English Dictionary  :unsure:

Malc

Well I couldn't find the origin of lurrr, but I did for lurry which I quote "A confused heap; a throng or jumble," are you part of that throng Malc as I only recall Lurpack in the singular not plural 😎

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

are you part of that throng Malc

yes of course .....  we all are here .......  don't you think ?

An elite bunch of Lurrrrrrr .......  and the buttery expensive spread hasn't got the  " c " in the spelling either :whistling: ........  has it 

Malc