Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caliper Pins Rear Passenger IS250 2007 Phase 2 Petrol 2.5

Hi guys,

Callipers seized up and I replaced it with a new one at the local garage (Pagid I think).

The issue is the bottom pins are so hard to find and the old bottom pin has slight play which causes a slight knocking sound. 

To find the bottom pin is so hard, I got the part but it was the wrong type it was a slightly different version of the IS250.

The picture shows the one on the left is what I need does anyone know how I can get this part because Lexus Dealer and Lexus Direct don't supply that unless you buy the calliper from them.

I found one for the IS250D which looks very similar and since the piece is back in the car I have not done the measurements to guarantee that is the right part.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332524850898?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item4d6c068ed2:g:FygAAOSw7WJgR17n

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions the old pin is in there for now but I would prefer to put a new one in since it has slight play.

PXL_20220323_093754032.jpg

They look correct. Overall IS220d and IS250 had same brakes, the only difference is that depending on years they may have had vented or solid discs. I am sure that transition on IS250 happened in late 2006 / yearly 2007, but I don't know if IS220d got vented rear discs. In either case there are only 2 versions, so if this one looks visually correct it has to be the right one. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

They look correct. Overall IS220d and IS250 had same brakes, the only difference is that depending on years they may have had vented or solid discs. I am sure that transition on IS250 happened in late 2006 / yearly 2007, but I don't know if IS220d got vented rear discs. In either case there are only 2 versions, so if this one looks visually correct it has to be the right one. 

I'll take a chance (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332524850898?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item4d6c068ed2:g:FygAAOSw7WJgR17n).

They look correct to me too. 

It'll be the third time the guy has taken the wheel apart and I hope these will be the right ones else I will be paying labour. Thanks for the help. Its shocking to me why Lexus Dealers can't sell the bottom pin but sell the top pin.

Yes calliper repair kits are sadly hard to come by, or has to be ordered from US etc. This is strange as sort of most basic thing one would expect to do from time to time. But I guess they make more money from replacing entire calliper. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 1:06 PM, Ozzay said:

I'll take a chance (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332524850898?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item4d6c068ed2:g:FygAAOSw7WJgR17n).

They look correct to me too. 

It'll be the third time the guy has taken the wheel apart and I hope these will be the right ones else I will be paying labour. Thanks for the help. Its shocking to me why Lexus Dealers can't sell the bottom pin but sell the top pin.

Hey man, let me know how this goes. I have a 55plate and just got the sliding pin kits for the front and rear breaks, but think I have the same issue with the rear pins. The ones I got look like the ones on the right side of your pic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 7:37 AM, zoricib said:

Hey man, let me know how this goes. I have a 55plate and just got the sliding pin kits for the front and rear breaks, but think I have the same issue with the rear pins. The ones I got look like the ones on the right side of your pic.

Yep those were the right ones for me

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

If this helps it’s from the description in an eBay ad for rear pins kit

Item description from the sellerItem description from the seller

Important - Some early models, 2005 & 2006 use an alternate bottom pin with a M9x1mm thread - bottom pin in this kit has M12x1.25mm threads 2x Rear brake caliper guide pin / slider pin kits High tensile pins / bolts Suitable for models shown in vehicle compatibility Kit contains parts for two brake calipers Includes a free sachet of assembly grease / paste Frentech guide pin kits are manufactured to specifications consistent with original equipment.
  • Like 1