Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tiered Membership?

Fidgits

Something that has been planned on TOC, that I think a version of may be a good idea for LOC, is the Tier membership scheme...

Such as, we have 'european members' who dont benefit from the discounts, and some members who just dont want to pay the 25 quid...

So perhaps, offering a Silver membership, at a lower price, and perhaps access to the 'Car Park' in GOLD, or a few additional features might attract a few more members to sign up???

Just a thought, please feel free to ignore me though..

Something that has been planned on TOC, that I think a version of may be a good idea for LOC, is the Tier membership scheme...

Such as, we have 'european members' who dont benefit from the discounts, and some members who just dont want to pay the 25 quid...

So perhaps, offering a Silver membership, at a lower price, and perhaps access to the 'Car Park' in GOLD, or a few additional features might attract a few more members to sign up???

Just a thought, please feel free to ignore me though..

why dont the europeans benefit ? :yawn:

if people dont wanna pay £25 , they probably wouldnt want to pay £5, £10, or any other amount , its not like its a huge amount , and the money is easily recovered

through discounts etc

i would expect most people would spend more than that on a night down the pub :whistling:

i must admit i did wonder if the scheme would come across from TOC. i'm not sure people would pay for access to the car park. i do agree that there must be a way to tier the membership though. i personally dont understand why more members arent gold though, instant decision for me - as soon as you have your first service as a gold member you get your money back. so like bazza says im not sure if the members who dont want to pay £25 for gold would want to pay anything unless they were getting a 'real' benefit.

maybe £15 for membership, access to normal boards but they would be allowed to join in group buys?

it must be something the committee have considered tho surely, especially with it being implemented on TOC. I guess the success/results/feedback of implementing it on TOC will tell us if its a good idea or not?

firstly the committee have no say over TOC.. its a seperate club entirely.

secondly the Tier membership will go ahead on TOC because of the lack of subscriptions compared to LOC... I would rather keep LOC on a 1 tier system anyway... Less work to manage.

firstly the committee have no say over TOC.. its a seperate club entirely.

secondly the Tier membership will go ahead on TOC because of the lack of subscriptions compared to LOC... I would rather keep LOC on a 1 tier system anyway... Less work to manage.

Okay, thats fair enough...

I wasnt just reffering to 'lower' tiers though, have you considered offer a 'higher' tier, with more features??

Just thinking aloud though, no offence meant to anyone...

dunno mate, as i said, i was just thinking aloud...

Just at a guess, maybe another gallery where you could upload mpg's? i dunno, hadnt thought that much really...

But from the muted response so far, obviously not the best idea...

of course they will be muted LOL

we could add a load more features but will take a bit of setting up... Mpeg upload is possible too as we are now sitting on a new server hence the speed recently.

one of the options I have always been thinking of was a cdrom of all the club videos, documents and cram it up with goodies.

Then update these every 6 months and send to members. Similar to a newsletter or magazine but CD based.

one of the options I have always been thinking of was a cdrom of all the club videos, documents and cram it up with goodies.

Then update these every 6 months and send to members. Similar to a newsletter or magazine but CD based.

Ace idea Steve, as a n00b to all this, I would love to see some kit on the cars and get a feel for what might be a good idea :D , and what is not :sick:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links