Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls600h front suspension

CazzyG

Hi All,

I am getting my complete front bushings replaced next week (10 of them and hopefully all the control arms and ball joints are in good condition.)

Is there anything I need to worry about in terms of car being lifted on the lift and how it may mess up airbag suspension or any of the fancy sensors

Trying to avoid any issues arising from fixing another.

Thank you in advance for all pointers.

LS600H 2007 (bushings from Nisto which got good feedback from other buyers on Amazon).

1 hour ago, CazzyG said:

Hi All,

I am getting my complete front bushings replaced next week (10 of them and hopefully all the control arms and ball joints are in good condition.)

Is there anything I need to worry about in terms of car being lifted on the lift and how it may mess up airbag suspension or any of the fancy sensors

Trying to avoid any issues arising from fixing another.

Thank you in advance for all pointers.

LS600H 2007 (bushings from Nisto which got good feedback from other buyers on Amazon).

As far as I'm aware, starting the engine with the car raised should be avoided. 

7 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Thank you @The-AcreI will note that and share with mechanic incase he is not aware. 

19 hours ago, CazzyG said:

17 hours ago, The-Acre said:

In my aged RX, there is a tiny and well hidden Air Suspension OFF switch.

The owner’s manual says to have the suspension setting to normal and not to activate the hybrid system while the car is raised.

The first situation is a bit weird in that if the car is parked on a kerb how you you drive it off without switching on the hybrid system to do so ?

013BE0FB-77C3-4C88-86D8-08D8A7C2F4C3.png

• Like 1

Thank you both, I saw that part in the manual as well and I hope they won't start turning car on/off. 

He did radiator last week on another LS600H but not sure if it involved lifting it. 

Probably, easier to remove the under tray, get to the radiator drain valve and drain the coolant off the ground.

Perhaps just mention when you drop the car off “I love the suspension on this car and it’s never given me any problems” 😀

10 hours ago, PCM said:

In my aged RX, there is a tiny and well hidden Air Suspension OFF switch.

Interesting, I've never heard that one. I'm guessing that's for this very purpose, to prevent false readings in the system.

• Like 1

Just back from a 700km weekend trip and I am amazed by how effortless the car drives and the comfort is just next to none. 

It's all smiles and half tired from cruising but suspension was tested via some regional roads and seems to be handling pretty good

Only con = fuel consumption (but I will just have to bite a bullet on this because its worth every penny 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have just bought a set of bushes for the front end of my LS460 which I think is more or less the same as the LS600 and wondered if you could share the number of hours the garage charged for the work as I really have little idea and I am phoning the garage for a quote but pretty sure they won’t have done one before. Thank you and really good to hear your car is giving you great service and pleasure to drive.

2 hours ago, PJ Murphy said:

Hi I have just bought a set of bushes for the front end of my LS460 which I think is more or less the same as the LS600 and wondered if you could share the number of hours the garage charged for the work as I really have little idea and I am phoning the garage for a quote but pretty sure they won’t have done one before. Thank you and really good to hear your car is giving you great service and pleasure to drive.

Hi PJ, the bushes are not done yet. Will update you on Thursday which is when I am booked in for the job.

Cheers. 

Hi Cazzy G 

Thanks for the update. I have my regular garage ready to book the time in once we have an idea of how long yours take! I'm thinking possibly a day a side but as you are doing yours i'll wait and see.

Thanks for your input

PJ

59 minutes ago, PJ Murphy said:

Hi Cazzy G 

Thanks for the update. I have my regular garage ready to book the time in once we have an idea of how long yours take! I'm thinking possibly a day a side but as you are doing yours i'll wait and see.

Thanks for your input

PJ

The most time would be spent on pressing the bushings, I have done whole front suspension of BMW e34 using unconventional methods in a day. So for a garage I would think a day's work is enough without any hiccups. (fingers crossed) 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 9:48 AM, PJ Murphy said:

Hi Cazzy G 

Thanks for your input

PJ

Well little update, The garage was expecting to have the car for the day @ 50 euros per hr labour (circa 400 euros my budget) and just over an hour into the job i got a call to say the parts are wrong (my fault didn't know they did LS600H in RWD only, decided to have them fit the rear discs and pads billed 200 euros including attempted labour at front bushings). Anyway found the right parts over in UK so it's a matter of waiting for them to get shipped hopefully by next weekend.

So i will update you again once i have the job done or maybe you will have yours done first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, V10diesel said:

Hi, did either of you get your bushes sorted in the end?

Well I got my 4 lower ones replaced, the garage said the other 6 were still OK. Took them 10hrs to remove and press them in.

I somehow feel like there is now rattling since, maybe these bushings are too robust they don't absorb as much as OEM. Still costed me just under 500 euros at least it will get me going while I save up for full OEM control arms replacement in the future.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 4:02 PM, V10diesel said:

Hi, did either of you get your bushes sorted in the end?

Steve, thinking about your upcoming purchase then ?

I'd sure get the Dealer to replace all those Advisory Suspension issues over some years, on your target car purchase

seeing above, the garage 10hrs to do 4 of the 10 ...  is it ................ at UK Main Dealer prices that's £2k min labour charge alone  ( gulp ! )

Take care eh !

Malc

• Like 1

Im in negotiations with the dealer but they don't seem to be too worried if they lose the sale. 

Found another at Elite Cars London but they have some very mixed reviews on google.

https://www.elitemotorcompanycroydon.co.uk/used-cars/lexus-ls-600h-5-0-v8-l-rsr-cvt-4wd-euro-5-ss-4dr-croydon-202208168833049

19 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Steve, thinking about your upcoming purchase then ?

I'd sure get the Dealer to replace all those Advisory Suspension issues over some years, on your target car purchase

seeing above, the garage 10hrs to do 4 of the 10 ...  is it ................ at UK Main Dealer prices that's £2k min labour charge alone  ( gulp ! )

Take care eh !

Malc

I agree, the chap was not happy as he mentioned he initially under quoted without realising how much work was involved. So even though I ended up paying more than what was quoted with only 4 out of 10 replaced, I am just relieved for now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Malc1 said:

looks a smart  car but without the Reg No. one cannot check the MOT stuff !

Malc

LL08 OOY

MOT history is very good. Do I stretch the budget for a car that still has all the same potential risk as one £5k cheaper? Maybe the previous owner has his own garage so the car got a easy pass during MOT's?

Maybe I'll take a look this week if its still available, but the garage selling it does not have great write ups on Google.

Steve

19 minutes ago, V10diesel said:

the car got a easy pass during MOT's?

it's travelled no distance these past few years ........... she's not been put thru' her paces methinks these past recent years

If you're going to use her then I'd be thinking to buy one with some more recent and useful miles under her belt .....  a quite higher mileage with good service Lexus history would be more my cup of tea ......  she should have covered about 140k miles by now and had all that suspension stuff replaced etc ...  and be at a more sensible price 

I would go for a higher mileage well serviced machine 

Malc

• Like 1