Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

(2005) LS430 BRC lpg conversion any good?

TKhan430

Hi everyone, 

Hope you're all keeping well. I'm looking into getting my Ls430 Lpg converted using a BRC lpg kit and has a system to protect the valves (not flash lube) something else still getting full details I think it's an electronic pump which periodically squirts petrol onto the valves 

/into the injectors to lubricate the valves. 

Has anyone had any experience of using a BRC lpg system before? 

I've had 2 lpg cars in the past too. 

Many thanks 

Tariq 

I've never had a BRC system so I don't know, but what I can say is - any system that squirts petrol onto the valves/injectors is just defeating the object of LPG.

Flashlube have a system that electronically squirts lube in as and when, but the whole idea of LPG is to cut down on petrol usage.

Also avoid any kit or system that supplements the LPG with petrol (or even switches completely back to petrol) when the car is under heavy load, i.e. throttle wide open. That's just the mark of a poorly designed system or someone who doesn't know how to pick the best components or set them up properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKhan430 said:

Just spoke to the installer and it squirts an oil (not petrol) 🙂

Fair enough Tariq, so it's just like Flashlube then.

• Like 1

Hi Tariq

I've had lpg systems on various vehicles over many years including 3 x LS430s and a LS400 and have had Prins,KME,Romano and ok haven't had experience of the BRC systems but the Romano ones, also Italian, have been faultless. The Polish KME injectors are a bit clackety which  can be alarming at first but again have performed without issue.

Hope this helps

Tim

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LexusRbest said:

Be aware LPG doesn't lubricate like petrol.

The engine is designed to run on petrol, when run exclusively on LPG it will eventually cry enough.

A lube system is essential.

It's never run exclusively on LPG. Even when the engine is hot the car starts on petrol and switches over to LPG in about 20-30 seconds, which is enough. However, FlashLube (or equivalent) is essential and I'd use it even if the engine didn't need it, just in case.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

It's never run exclusively on LPG. Even when the engine is hot the car starts on petrol and switches over to LPG in about 20-30 seconds, which is enough. However, FlashLube (or equivalent) is essential and I'd use it even if the engine didn't need it, just in case.

Hi guys, 

I've visited the installer and has been recommended to me by a couple of people. He showed me the system. Its a brc system with a lubrication oil which is delivered via an electronic pump (brc's version of FlashLube but better)

Petrol prices at £1.75 a litre for shell v power! Wouldn't take long to recoup the installation costs! 

I've had 2 lpg cars in the past and they saved me a fortune! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LexusRbest said:

I have run LPG cars, so don't get me wrong, but if you want reliable economy think diesel v6 mercedes not lexus bodged lpg

Mercedes and reliability in the same sentence 🤣🤣🤣

Diesel is a not economically viable with the cost more than v power! 

What lpg systems did you have on what cars? 

Did you get them installed or did you buy them already on? 

Thanks 😁

Problems with diesels:

Injectors 

Turbos 

Egr valves 

Dpf filters (if they have them) 

Ad blue if newer

Aby savings in cost would be wiped out if any of those things go. However, I'd take 4.5 litre turbo diesel V8 300 series Landcruiser all day long! 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LexusRbest said:

I have run LPG cars, so don't get me wrong, but if you want reliable economy think diesel v6 mercedes not lexus bodged lpg

Sorry but I have to strongly disagree there.

The art is in getting a good installer who actually understands what they are doing and not just 'painting by numbers' as it were. Anybody can get a kit of parts and fit A to B to C and so on, but understanding the way the system works is crucial and can make all the difference.

Until getting a hybrid I ran LPG in various cars for about 17 or 18 years and never had a single problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Herbie said:

Sorry but I have to strongly disagree there.

The art is in getting a good installer who actually understands what they are doing and not just 'painting by numbers' as it were. Anybody can get a kit of parts and fit A to B to C and so on, but understanding the way the system works is crucial and can make all the difference.

Until getting a hybrid I ran LPG in various cars for about 17 or 18 years and never had a single problem.

100% agree! The place I'm going to has done Lexus before. I hope that the government put the 2030 deadline back as its not realistic (even though car companies can't sell new petrol cars) there will still be millions of old ones on the road and still for sale. Interestingly  Dacia are selling new factory fit lpg cars but as they're 1 litre 3 cylinder what's the point! Lol

• 2 months later...

Hi all, my ls430 is with Stag lpg system,  I had the same on my gs300, no issue at all. Lub no need, but might need colder spark plugs,  because lpg runs a bit hotter then petrol. 77p per litre, never gonna buy diesel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, yeah lpg is worth getting. Got brc system installed with the electronic pump which injects flash lube oil into the gas Injectors. In todays petrol prices I don't know why its not more popular! How many litres is your tank, how many miles do you get? 

• 2 months later...

65 litres donut in the spare wheel. I haven't got flash lube installed. Mileage varies, but is around 2l more than petrol consumption. So around 17l in heavy traffic and around 10 to 14l on motorway.

• Like 1