Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Daylight saving clock change

Hi all,  Spring has sprung and here we are ready to change all of our clocks again.  I have already sorted the manual clock on the dash but I can't figure out how to change the clock in the satnav (the one that predicts your arrival time).  Last summer I had it run an hour behind until they went back again in the autumn.  I have tried the manual suggestions of menu>Settings>General>System Time but there is no 'System Time' on mine. Or time or anything that implies time!

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?  I tried a search on here and YouTube but what I did find didn't work.  😞 

1 hour ago, Phooey said:

Hi all,  Spring has sprung and here we are ready to change all of our clocks again.  I have already sorted the manual clock on the dash but I can't figure out how to change the clock in the satnav (the one that predicts your arrival time).  Last summer I had it run an hour behind until they went back again in the autumn.  I have tried the manual suggestions of menu>Settings>General>System Time but there is no 'System Time' on mine. Or time or anything that implies time!

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?  I tried a search on here and YouTube but what I did find didn't work.  😞 

Satellite navigation works on a time base so when it talks of "system time" I would imagine it's referring to the satellite time. Everything should be automatic in regard to the 'navigation time' - the satellites can't be wrong or all hell would break loose.

Hi Herbs, it didn't change automatically last year hence attempting to do it manually this year.  The manual says select Set Up>General>System time and change to daylight saving.  But mine doesn't have the System Time option.  It doesn't do it automatically.  Last year I forgot and got to places late thinking I was well in time! 😞 

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

There is a confusing setting, Daylight Saving on/off. Adjust this. It does not turn on automatic daylight saving on or off but adds or removes an hour. 

Hi Paul, this is what I am saying.  My car does NOT have this!  All online and the manual says this. 😞 

21 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Can you take a picture of the Settings screen, showing what you do have listed?

In the manual it says go into Set up then General and then there is a tab for either clock or system time above the language.  I have scrolled completely through this last one and there is no 'Clock' or 'System Time'

Set up.jpg

General.jpg

Time-Clock.jpg

Curious, your menu structure doesn't resemble that in the handbook? Not just the time setting but the order of other, common, settings.

Which type of mutimedia system do you have?

Just now, NemesisUK said:

Curious, your menu structure doesn't resemble that in the handbook? Not just the time setting but the order of other, common, settings.

Which type of mutimedia system do you have?

Interesting question!  I assumed standard for the model.  Is there a way to find this out from the car info?

Sorted!

I can't believe how crazy this has been.  On my system, whatever system it happens to be, I go into <SETUP>  <NAVIGATION> and there is a SYSTEM TIME tab!

Maybe I have been a little dense here but I wouldn't have imagined having to go through navigation to get the the clock settings!

Done now anyway so thanks to all who tried to help.  I really appreciate your support.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I have also gone through multiple menus trying to find settings that intuitively one would expect elsewhere. 

Glad it's sorted, for 7 months anyway! 🤣 👍

Hopefully I'll remember where it is then and sort it in a minute. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phooey said:

Maybe I have been a little dense here but I wouldn't have imagined having to go through navigation to get the the clock settings!

I'm sure it's because the navigation system gets its time signals from the satellites.

• Like 2

now let's turn to my 2006  Honda Legend too .......... been running on the now updated time since last autumn when it wouldn't auto change ....  it used to in years past ok ........ Car Manual is great but doesn't solve my problem ..  Main Dealer might charge £180 ( incl Vat ? ) to sort it so I'll live with it all for now whatever .........  thankfully my old and ancient Mk3 Ls400 is just a manual simple push of the digits ......  now how's me arthritis in me fingers this cold wet Kent morning :unsure:

Malc

4 hours ago, Phooey said:

That’s because you are just setting the time on the navigation system.  This time is only used to set the time of arrival at your destination and it can’t get this from the satellite as the satellite didn’t know what time zone you are in. 

glad it’s sorted now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Do not tell Lexus they have problems with software!

Good that the hardware is OK.

Oh more cyber attacks! Concerning

Menu only available in Russian...Panic!

Start button now says “FIRE” avoid using Launch Control if possible.

• Haha 2