Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus owner behavior

Duggie B

Thank heavens so few such arrogant non-caring people own such a Lexus .....  all other Lexus owners are serene polite and considerate ( of course )  ...........  except maybe when faced with some cyclists ..  but hey ..  there's other Posts about such behaviour methinks ..........:whistling:

Malc

• Like 4

I wouldn’t dream of parking my “lovely expensive Lexus” on a pedestrian crossing but if I did and a passer-by made it his or her business to tell me “firmly but politely” that I shouldn’t, I frankly doubt if my reaction would be particularly friendly - though I would hope to keep it within the bounds of verbal elegance.  The true question is whether the couple in question were dubbed  “Mr & Mrs Privilege” primarily because they parked where they did or because their Lexus was a source of envy to crabby passers-by.

• Like 1

The driver did pretty well if just fined, the offence also carries 3 penalty points!

Both being arrested for threatening behaviour and the car towed would have been the icing on the cake.

Laziness and total arrogance.

Of course the media have got the location wrong apparently being in Leicestershire not Cumbria as reported.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rabbers said:

I wouldn’t dream of parking my “lovely expensive Lexus” on a pedestrian crossing

I wouldn't dream of parking on a pedestrian crossing regardless of vehicle.

• Like 2

It just shows that stereotypes are more often wrong than not - idiots drives any makes of cars, Lexus included... so trying to assume driver behaviour from the car make is pointless. 

• Like 3

Clearly the action of an inconsiderate driver who has little respect for either the Law or the safety and convenience of. pedestrians - and was rightly punished.

But the stereotyping was the act of the Mirror.  No doubt they would just as gleefully noted that it was a BMW, Mercedes and such like.

The question we might ask is if they might have made such a point of the make if it was, say, a Ford?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Duggie B said:

I wouldn't dream of parking on a pedestrian crossing regardless of vehicle.

That’s good to hear.  Just in case you thought otherwise I suppose I should add that I wouldn’t either.

Far be it from me to even attempt to analyse social class structures and perceptions on a British forum but, while we are still on the subject, it would be fascinating to know whether a dingy Fiat Panda parked on a pedestrian crossing outside a Waitrose would not be considered at least as newsworthy as a Lexus similarly parked outside a Coop. 

• Like 1

yeah I often find it little bit annoying, because sensations press always mentions the make as long as it is luxury car... sort of trying to related with pundits who are maybe a little bit jealous. Thus you always read titles like "powerful BMW ended-up hugging the tree", but if it would have been say Vauxhall Astra or Ford Fiesta, then studently they just focus on something else "inexperienced driver, or distracted mum, or elderly driver" or something else but not the make. However if the make is mentioned in the title is always BWM, Audi, MB, Jaguar, Lexus and alike. In short - stereotypes are made by these news outlets, because over the time the only thing people remember is that every time there is high speed crash it is BMW, or young driver... or some sort of combination of two. I just personally don't like that i.e. making conclusions from incomplete or deliberately misrepresented information. 

6 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Far be it from me to even attempt to analyse social class structures and perceptions on a British forum but, while we are still on the subject, it would be fascinating to know whether a dingy Fiat Panda parked on a pedestrian crossing outside a Waitrose would not be considered at least as newsworthy as a Lexus similarly parked outside a Coop. 

And that is my point - no it wouldn't. Or even if it would, then car brand would not be anywhere in the sentence. It would be focused on something else "local kids, crazy old lady etc." They just know that mentioning luxury car brand is good click-bait, mentioning Fiat is bad for clicks. 

15 hours ago, LenT said:

if it was, say, a Ford?

14 hours ago, Rabbers said:

Panda parked on a pedestrian crossing

14 hours ago, Rabbers said:

outside a Coop.

crossing waters and wild Italian pandas outside a chicken coop, well guys .  just lighten up a little .......... had it been the Queen's Rolls Royce then the anti-monarchists too could have had a dig .....  BUT all said, the dickheads who parked there and the ignorant family members who didn't tell the stupid driver to park sensibly all deserve to be severely punished and their Co-Op points removed forever

Malc

15 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Doesn't this belong under General Discussion? This has nothing to do with F cars.

That’s a very fair comment, I didn’t realise until you mentioned it Rob.

Moved to GD forum.

2 hours ago, Malc said:

… wild Italian pandas outside a chicken coop ...

As did I, Malc, you omitted to mention the possibility that the pedestrian crossing was a zebra …

• Thanks 1