Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I must have upset the Tyre Gods

Don't know what I've done to deserve this.

About a year ago had a recall for the tyres on my LS500 (18 reg) Bridgestone Runflats, no cost to me as Bridgestone recall.

4 new tyres supplied, I estimate £1000

2 months later, a puncture, can't repair, 1 new tyre £235.

MOT today, large split in 1 tyre, price now £285.

So, the 4 original tyres, 4 replacements re recall, 1 puncture, 1 split = 10 tyres

Car is 4 years old and I've just clocked 22k miles. Just unlucky I suppose.

• Sad 1

That is unlucky Graham.  Very annoying having to replace an otherwise perfectly good tyre.

I had something similar a few years ago:  got a puncture and by the time I got it to the garage the steel bands had been damaged and it needed replacing.  Then, a few months later, a paving slab was sticking out of the kerb and ripped a chunk out of another tyre. 

Fingers crossed you have paid your dues and have appeased the tyres gods now!

Yes, unlucky. As an aside, I will never buy Bridgestone tyres again. I've had to replace 2 sets of tyres because they had cracks between the treads. Both sets at between 5 and 6 mm and not old, going by the sidewall codes. Always at the correct pressures and not abused.

11 hours ago, PRT68 said:

Yes, unlucky. As an aside, I will never buy Bridgestone tyres again. I've had to replace 2 sets of tyres because they had cracks between the treads. Both sets at between 5 and 6 mm and not old, going by the sidewall codes. Always at the correct pressures and not abused.

Academic now but if you contact Bridgestone they’ll refund you the difference of wear.  Eg, if you still have 5 out of 8mm, they’ll refund 5/8 of the cost against new Bridgestone’s.