Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple of lovely LS series in private collection

During a visit to the North West of Scotland recently, a friend of my missus let me view his collection of 15 or so mass market cars. Amongst others he's got a couple of LS's, a lovely Legend, 7 series and a Fiat of which I can't recall it's model. All MOTd and insured too!!

IMG_20220319_145216.jpg

IMG_20220319_145204.jpg

IMG_20220319_151226.jpg

IMG_20220319_145227_1.jpg

• Like 3

Well, this is rather interesting.  Don't think I have seen another Vauxhall Omega being kept in a collection!

Don't suppose there are any more pictures?

I always liked the idea of maintaining a few 'ordinary' cars that can be tinkered with and fixed up, but alas, life got in the way...

AND I remember visiting the old boy in Hull area who had the enormous lifetime collection of Humbers ..... in his old potato storage works ....  his sons ran another business from those attached premises if I remember 

did anyone else ever visit him there ?? .  I think he died a year or two back sadly

Amazing colection I thought 

Malc

7 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

A nice collection of very useable practical cars, a refreshing change from predictable exotica.

Yep! I absolutely adored it. I've never lusted over cars I could never afford. 

I believe the owner is looking for a GM straight six beast beast next. Either a Monza or Senator. 

How nice and many thanks for sharing! 
I fell in love with LS years ago when I used to see a silver and gold parked together as in your pic here 

15 hours ago, superatticman said:

Yep! I absolutely adored it. I've never lusted over cars I could never afford. 

I believe the owner is looking for a GM straight six beast beast next. Either a Monza or Senator. 

We had a 3L Senator back in the early 90’s , it’s was the 24V straight six and the only Vauxhall I’d happily own again, a lovely car.

9 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

We had a 3L Senator back in the early 90’s , it’s was the 24V straight six and the only Vauxhall I’d happily own again, a lovely car.

The Police use to love using those. Not much could get away from them back in the day. Very reliable too. Think this deserves another thread 🙂

• Like 1

Fantastic cheese grater grill type! Happy memories of those but died together with Scorpio, Rover 800 and various Renaults and Saab 9-5. Best of the left field lot was Alfa 164 in our family which I was lucky enough to drive as a young man, was always amusing to see boy racers trying their luck to race it…

• Like 1