Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2016 Lexus RX450h Engine Noise Update - 29.3.22

22 minutes ago, LexusRbest said:

The misfire only when hot sounds like fuel vaporisation or starvation.

worth checking the solenoid that cuts fuel feeds to injectors are operating correctly.

knock certainly sounds like injector but problem moving after injector replacement suggests feed problems when hot.

Its funny you should say that. Just before we left to go on Holiday, we had a message to keep the Courtesy Car at least until Tuesday 19th April as the Technician that is dealing with it is off until then.

I spoke to The Technician and as i posted before the problem had moved to Cylinder 5 and possibly another and he said something about Coil Packs.

They've obviously done those and the fault is still there, and the After Sales Manager said in his message they now think its a Fuel Issue.

So much for his ' Its a Characteristic Sound of that Engine' remark when i first took it back.

I wish i had that remark in writing along with a few others like 'If we realign the Panels correctly, would you keep it' ( First 66 Plate RX450 we took back after finding it had been repaired) and this one ' If you do bring it back, we'll give you the Current Market Value '.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, robpace said:

The Initial Warranty was One Year Parts and Labour with a 30 Day Exchange, that Phil their Salesman said ( Not in Writing) that would be extended and don't worry about it due to the issues with the Engine.

I have kept all emails, Messages and Whattsapp Messages and told Lexus UK what has happened so far including taking the first Car back due to being repaired.

Many thanks Robert for the information.

It would seem that the vehicle has been warranted by Lexus for 12 months which is their usual policy. This is considerably more than required by their obligations under Consumer Protection Legislation. The second line of your first Posting refers to the Lexus Relax Warranty which I believe will only come into play upon the vehicle being serviced in accordance with the Manufacturer`s policy.

It is good that you have copious notes etc, regarding exchanges with Lexus Gatwick and Lexus U.K. and these should be maintained on an ongoing basis. The fact that you do not have some exchanges in writing does not of itself mean that you cannot rely upon them as the balance of probability will tend to support what you say was said and you should maintain your own notes of them in the absence of formalised documentation.

Good luck in what is a difficult situation and I will try to maintain a watching eye on this matter.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links