Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2016 Lexus RX450h Engine Noise Update - 29.3.22

Well, we've still got it and have made it plain its not going back for a Refund  and whatever it takes, its getting repaired on The Lexus Relax Warranty.

I ended up phoning Lexus UK and got a Phone Call back the next day from Lexus Gatwick to book the Car in again. It was going to be booked in anyway without that Phone Call but i just wanted to get them involved.

Lexus Gatwick have loaned us a lovely NX300 F-Sport  whilst ours is hopefully being repaired for the Final Time !

As i said before, I was absolutely gutted for Tim, their Lexus Master Technician who was adamant he knew what the Engine Knocking / Vibration was and guaranteed it would come back as new.

Looks like he was Bang on Correct with Faulty Injector.

So the Car had gone back in and ive just received a call from him . 

After replacing Cylinder Injector 4 last time, the Fault had moved onto Cylinder Injector 5 and Possibly another Cylinder along with a Coil Pack..

He had said he would rather replace everything, all Six Injectors but Lexus UK who pay the Final Bill probably won't let him unless he's showing a Fault on a few Injectors.

So ive told him I'm in no rush, do the best you can.

I think this maybe the Fix.....Fingers Crossed !!

Will keep you Posted !

Thanks

Rob

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Sorry if I have missed a post but did you buy it from a Lexus dealership? Gatwick?

Yes, i bought it from Lexus Gatwick in January.

Sorry to read that you’re still having this nightmare. I don’t really understand why you haven’t returned the car in the end. If it was a Premier, I would properly understand as they’re really rare. But finding another F Sport model doesn’t seem to be difficult at all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, No Comment said:

Sorry to read that you’re still having this nightmare. I don’t really understand why you haven’t returned the car in the end. If it was a Premier, I would properly understand as they’re really rare. But finding another F Sport model doesn’t seem to be difficult at all. 

We did look at taking it back and getting it replaced but the replacement had to be Grey with Black Interior and Lexus Gatwick said they couldn't find a replacement.

Spoke to them yesterday and they said Engine is stripped and they are waiting for replacement parts but didn't say which parts.

We have had a terrible experience dealing with them and still have Replacement Option but it should be perfect when we finally get it back or it will definitely be swapped this time.

Most disappointing thing for us was the Aftersales Manager telling us its a Characteristic Sound of that Engine.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, robpace said:

Most disappointing thing for us was the Aftersales Manager telling us its a Characteristic Sound of that Engine.

That is appalling behaviour from someone who should know much better.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, robpace said:

We did look at taking it back and getting it replaced but the replacement had to be Grey with Black Interior and Lexus Gatwick said they couldn't find a replacement.

Spoke to them yesterday and they said Engine is stripped and they are waiting for replacement parts but didn't say which parts.

We have had a terrible experience dealing with them and still have Replacement Option but it should be perfect when we finally get it back or it will definitely be swapped this time.

Yes, it’s very sad, I know how ironic he can be sometimes, even with customers. Hopefully your car will get fixed for good. May I ask if you bought the car outright or on finance? If it’s the latter, what’s their practice with this exchange policy? Do you have to go through another full  credit application, including another hard search etc (which can damage your credit score) or they sort it out ‘in house’  ? 

3 hours ago, No Comment said:

Yes, it’s very sad, I know how ironic he can be sometimes, even with customers. Hopefully your car will get fixed for good. May I ask if you bought the car outright or on finance? If it’s the latter, what’s their practice with this exchange policy? Do you have to go through another full  credit application, including another hard search etc (which can damage your credit score) or they sort it out ‘in house’  ? 

We bought the Car outright.

Quite a few things he said that i don't think he should have said and when its finally fixed, Lexus Gatwick, Motorline and Lexus UK ( That i got involved a few weeks ago and have been great ! ) will be getting an email about what i think of the service we've been given.

Don't know if you know, but i had already returned a 66 Plate to them after finding out it had Filler in one of the Door Posts. 

My Panel Beater friend confirmed it had had a replacement Wing at least and the whole Front End had been resprayed with Panels not aligning correctly.

Did we want to keep it if they aligned the Panels correctly i was asked !!

The F - Sport was the replacement !!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, robpace said:

We bought the Car outright.

Quite a few things he said that i don't think he should have said and when its finally fixed, Lexus Gatwick, Motorline and Lexus UK ( That i got involved a few weeks ago and have been great ! ) will be getting an email about what i think of the service we've been given.

Don't know if you know, but i had already returned a 66 Plate to them after finding out it had Filler in one of the Door Posts. 

My Panel Beater friend confirmed it had had a replacement Wing at least and the whole Front End had been resprayed with Panels not aligning correctly.

Did we want to keep it if they aligned the Panels correctly i was asked !!

The F - Sport was the replacement !!

Wow, didn’t know that. Was it this car by any chance? I wanted to buy it but quickly scrapped the idea after measured the paint thickness. That’s the first thing I always do before any test drive arranged. 

AD1D2B9D-DE54-4F78-892C-BA00A01E5D1F.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, No Comment said:

Wow, didn’t know that. Was it this car by any chance? I wanted to buy it but quickly scrapped the idea after measured the paint thickness. That’s the first thing I always do before any test drive arranged. 

AD1D2B9D-DE54-4F78-892C-BA00A01E5D1F.jpeg

Yes !

• Like 1

I have just read this Posting.

What was the initial warranty sold with the vehicle Robert when you bought it from Lexus Gatwick in January 2022 ? 

Are you keeping a documented record of ALL events which are occurring AND being submitted orally to you by Lexus Gatwick and /or/ its employees ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, No Comment said:

What was your issue with them? 

They sold me an approved car with a damaged exhaust system and plastic undertrays held on with cable ties. They would replace the latter but wouldn't touch the (undoubtedly expensive) exhaust. The manager insisted it was fine without them ever having seen it, and him admitting he wasn't a technical person. Replacement in the 30-day period was the best option,luckily a better car turned up in their group - I had to pay a bit more but it worked out OK as I still have it. Credit for its better condition was more due to the previous owner and low mileage than to Motorline.

I found the whole buying experience not-quite-satisfactory. Mercifully they're not my local dealer so I don't have to see them again.

And they're one of those dealerships that charges an admin fee!

• Sad 1

An approved car from Motorline needs as much due diligence as from Arthur Daly it seems. Very disappointing as they are my local dealership. I heard of a similar issue with the Tonbridge dealership. 

Who the hell can you trust?

11 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

An approved car from Motorline needs as much due diligence as from Arthur Daly it seems. Very disappointing as they are my local dealership. I heard of a similar issue with the Tonbridge dealership. 

Who the hell can you trust?

Motorline Tonbridge Reviews for Toyota do not seem to reflect many adverse reviews Davey.

Sorry to jump on this thread but I've not had a nice experience from Lexus Canterbury either. Picked up my 15 plate f sport rx450 a month ago and still waiting for the second key, a couple of scratches that were supposed to be done before I picked it up, they also lost all the paperwork for the car as well. 

• Sad 2

On 4/8/2022 at 10:19 AM, royoftherovers said:

Motorline Tonbridge Reviews for Toyota do not seem to reflect many adverse reviews Davey.

The guy showed me the car and explained what he found - not good. Sadly it does not give you confidence in a dealership, as you pay a premium price for hopefully a well looked after example.

5 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

The guy showed me the car and explained what he found - not good. Sadly it does not give you confidence in a dealership, as you pay a premium price for hopefully a well looked after example.

Robert seems to have ignored my questions Davey.

On 4/6/2022 at 11:12 PM, royoftherovers said:

I have just read this Posting.

What was the initial warranty sold with the vehicle Robert when you bought it from Lexus Gatwick in January 2022 ? 

Are you keeping a documented record of ALL events which are occurring AND being submitted orally to you by Lexus Gatwick and /or/ its employees ?

The Initial Warranty was One Year Parts and Labour with a 30 Day Exchange, that Phil their Salesman said ( Not in Writing) that would be extended and don't worry about it due to the issues with the Engine.

I have kept all emails, Messages and Whattsapp Messages and told Lexus UK what has happened so far including taking the first Car back due to being repaired.

The misfire only when hot sounds like fuel vaporisation or starvation.

worth checking the solenoid that cuts fuel feeds to injectors are operating correctly.

knock certainly sounds like injector but problem moving after injector replacement suggests feed problems when hot.