Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Towbar for nx 450h phev

I  am awaiting delivery of my new nx 450 h . Apparently it's arrived in the country and awaits the fitting of the detachable towbar. This is apparently delayed due to needing DVLA's  approval for the modification being done to the car. Fibs?

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2022 at 3:43 PM, Jens said:

I  am awaiting delivery of my new nx 450 h . Apparently it's arrived in the country and awaits the fitting of the detachable towbar. This is apparently delayed due to needing DVLA's  approval for the modification being done to the car. Fibs?

Have you had delivery now out of interest? 

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the website to look up the cost for CY as I knew I had seen it but, low behold, it was no longer shown. Found out why after a chat with my dealer this afternoon. Lexus cannot get the tow bar and wiring harness at the moment. Situation so bad that many who ordered tow bars are having their order (for the tow bar) cancelled and no new orders are being taken (hence why the option is no longer listed on the website). My dealer thinks it could be a while before this option is reinstated. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Found out why after a chat with my dealer this afternoon. Lexus cannot get the tow bar a

From https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/, I can see listings for Towing Hitch & 13 Pin Electrics. Not sure if it is something we could DIY, will ask for installation manual and check it out. 

image.thumb.png.c2348bd73e587069416add3a474dc953.pngimage.thumb.png.7b3d0d6adbcff6f935c2287f2e9e395a.png

3 hours ago, CY Leung said:

From https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/, I can see listings for Towing Hitch & 13 Pin Electrics. Not sure if it is something we could DIY, will ask for installation manual and check it out. 

image.thumb.png.c2348bd73e587069416add3a474dc953.pngimage.thumb.png.7b3d0d6adbcff6f935c2287f2e9e395a.png

This link has installation instructions for several accessories; including the wiring kit and for the different types of tow bar available. Lot of work and looks quite tricky in places. Guess it depends on how confident you are with a spanner. My concern would be the taking apart and replacing of the trim so as not to spoil the Lexus build quality and the possibility of introducing rattles and squeaks. Good luck if you go for it (maybe make a video?).

Just now, Harrier Man said:

This link has installation instructions for several accessories; including the wiring kit and for the different types of tow bar available. Lot of work and looks quite tricky in places. Guess it depends on how confident you are with a spanner. My concern would be the taking apart and replacing of the trim so as not to spoil the Lexus build quality and the possibility of introducing rattles and squeaks. Good luck if you go for it (maybe make a video?).

Sorry, the link: https://www.lexus-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx?pubtype=AIM&menuitem=1

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Thanks for the info 😀, let me get a quotation from Lexus dealer. If I go for DIY, definitely will make a video. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links