Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wow - some dealers dont know the market !!! 

SE-L - it doesn't even have the ML sound system or sat nav system or hands free etc - how can that price be justified .... Lexus wont even put it on a warranty plan as its over 10 years !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, is200 Newbie said:

Wow - some dealers dont know the market !!! 

SE-L - it doesn't even have the ML sound system or sat nav system or hands free etc - how can that price be justified .... Lexus wont even put it on a warranty plan as its over 10 years !!

Not even a moonroof or ACC as well 🙄

The current madness in the used car market began with 2-3 year olds but has now filtered down to all ages, but I'm not sure how many older ones are actually selling. I sold my CR-V in early February to WBAC and saw it with a dealer two weeks later, it has since been reduced three times and still hasn't sold, even though they describe it as "one of the best in the market place"  I've also been checking and other cars I've been interested in are still for sale many weeks later.

Too low mileage is not great either, so it is waste of money... it is kind of strange how people in UK put mileage above else (I mean much more than in other countries).

10 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Too low mileage is not great either, so it is waste of money... it is kind of strange how people in UK put mileage above else (I mean much more than in other countries).

Works great for us, people who are not afraid to buy a car with 100k+ 🤣 you get an extra good deal that way. People here seem to think that once any car reaches 100k, it's on its last legs. And if you have 1.0L 3 cylinder polo on 100k that's been driven in the city all its life, then it might be the case, but you can't look at the IS250 the same way.. I don't mind high milers that have been serviced, but I tend to look away from cars in big cities such as London.. chances are, those cars have been driven at max speed of 40mph predominantly on cold engine..

• Like 1

+1 on that, this 250 is the first car I have had since 1984 with LESS than 100,000 miles on when bought! ( 4 cars )

Tell a little lie…the second Mondeo I bought had 99,500 miles on it and bloke was selling it because it was gonna get to 100,000 and his Mrs said it had to go! 🙄

it’s got 176,000 on it now😂😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Texas said:

it was gonna get to 100,000 and his Mrs said it had to go! 🙄

That made me laugh🤣

Mine is on just over 168,000 now and it's been nothing but good to me. Hopefully many more hassle-free thousands of miles left in it!

When i was looking around for one a while ago it was the Lexus garages that had the highest prices.

I was kind of tempted by a 20ll for £10400 from a Lexus dealer, but then came to my senses. 

The reason being it was from a Lexus dealer, black (the colour i wanted) it was mint, low mileage and the dealer said they would put a years warranty on it. 

You have to look at the competition and their faults in detail to see why they are asking such prices. BMW 3/5 series=timing chain issues that are costly to repair, Mercedes c/e class 2l also timing chain issues. Not only that but diesel cars at the moment are not so attractive due to these clean air zones, you never quite know when they are going to move the goal posts.

Seemed madness to me, i was looking originally to buy one of the above cars and looking at years 2014 onwards but then found myself looking at older Lexus (2007 0nwards) because they are so much more reliable.

The internet, youtube etc is littered with vids going on about issues with German cars when they are out of warranty, 

In contradiction, Lexus get rave reviews, hence why some dealers are being that bit more cheeky lately.

Buyers a lot more savvy, and dont want reliability issues.

Thats just my opinion though, sure there are many German car fans.

That is insane. I suppose Red with black leather is perhaps unusual, but the ivory or cream leather is much nicer (in my opinion, certainly lightens up what could otherwise be a dark interior). I could almost understand if it had all the options, but it is a basic SE-L, and although milage is low, cars degrade through time, and sitting isn't that good for a car. I wonder how long it'll be advertised for, before either being dramatically reduced, or appearing in an auction house.

That age car was prob a trade in and they had the man’s pants down on the price, older car, wrong colour, high tax, wrong fuel blah blah blah🙄 

17 hours ago, BC99 said:

That is insane. I suppose Red with black leather is perhaps unusual, but the ivory or cream leather is much nicer (in my opinion, certainly lightens up what could otherwise be a dark interior). I could almost understand if it had all the options, but it is a basic SE-L, and although milage is low, cars degrade through time, and sitting isn't that good for a car. I wonder how long it'll be advertised for, before either being dramatically reduced, or appearing in an auction house.

Generally I would agree but for IS mk2 the grey and cream interior just doesn't work. Maybe particular shades they are using, maybe because they make half of the panels in that colour, but for some reason it just doesn't look right. As well, be it anecdotal evidence, but black interior is most durable. By 100k miles cream and grey looks like garbage bag, yet black 200k still looks almost new, maybe little bit shiny around the edges of driver's seat. I am not sure what it is, maybe it is leather itself, or maybe light coloured interiors just get much more dirty and has to be cleaned more often damaging the leather, or maybe opposite - they are simply not clean and that is why they look so bad. I had 4 IS250s and 3 of them had black leather and since the second one which had grey interior it was my firm requirement for the car to have black leather, because my grey interior was awful at just 40k miles.

Given a choice of more unique colours I would take "Dark Rose" from IS mk3/RC, GS mk4 had similar, but even darker colour making it almost brown called "Cabernet", or dark brown called "Noble Brown".  

On 4/1/2022 at 8:38 AM, H3XME said:

Works great for us, people who are not afraid to buy a car with 100k+ 🤣 you get an extra good deal that way. People here seem to think that once any car reaches 100k, it's on its last legs. And if you have 1.0L 3 cylinder polo on 100k that's been driven in the city all its life, then it might be the case, but you can't look at the IS250 the same way.. I don't mind high milers that have been serviced, but I tend to look away from cars in big cities such as London.. chances are, those cars have been driven at max speed of 40mph predominantly on cold engine..

That is how I got my first IS250 in UK for literally the interest and difference in exchange rate after selling my old IS250, back in Europe. Basically I sold 2010 IS250 AWD for 22k Euros back in 2014, transferred the money to UK and converted into to GBP just before big EUR dip (I think ironically it was first russo-Ukrainian war sanctions with impacted Euro), that alone made me like 3k + some interest and I got 2008 IS250 without actually spending my own money. It was 122k miles in 2014 which was considered "high-mileage" for 6 years old car, but I bought it with confidence knowing it mostly been on motorway and this was best ever purchase. The car was like new and had no major issues all the way to 200k. This just support your point - avoid city cars, big mileage is good especially if it means easy motorway miles, and you get amazing discount compared to low miles city car, where you have to pay premium to get the car which is destroyed in short journeys on cold engine and broken city streets. As well it takes time to realise how unbelievable was that deal - £3950 for 6 years old IS... that is equivalent of buying 2016 IS300h for £4703 now (adjusted for inflation)! Again, ironically £4000 is what one would have to pay for 2006-2008 IS250 with ~120k miles now, the difference is that back then it was 6 years old car, but now it is 14+ years old for the same price.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 3:44 PM, Linas.P said:

- £3950 for 6 years old IS... that is equivalent of buying 2016 IS300h for £4703 now (adjusted for inflation)! Again, ironically £4000 is what one would have to pay for 2006-2008 IS250 with ~120k miles now, the difference is that back then it was 6 years old car, but now it is 14+ years old for the same price.

This is just disgusting what you wrote 😂 At this rate we might have to wait 15 years before the earliest IS300h are that price lmao