Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat nav options for sc430 2004

Alanh12

Hi

just bought a nice sc430 march 2004 low miles

started working through car to bring it up to scratch, now looking at sat nav system

What are my options? disk is obviously well out of date (original?) whats latest version disk available?

Replace unit? are there more modern units from other Lexus products that would fit/integrate well or what aftermarket products have been done? got good experience of the pioneer 230DAB into Mercs

Would like Iphone integration and or carplay, hands free? not android

Ive experience of similar replacements on CL,SL and CLK mercs but its my first lexus so can guess some of issues involved but previous experience of lexus counts far more

What have others done / recommend?

Ill be doing the work myself

thanks

On 3/31/2022 at 10:18 AM, Alanh12 said:

Hi

just bought a nice sc430 march 2004 low miles

started working through car to bring it up to scratch, now looking at sat nav system

What are my options? disk is obviously well out of date (original?) whats latest version disk available?

Replace unit? are there more modern units from other Lexus products that would fit/integrate well or what aftermarket products have been done? got good experience of the pioneer 230DAB into Mercs

Would like iphone integration and or carplay, hands free? not android

Ive experience of similar replacements on CL,SL and CLK mercs but its my first lexus so can guess some of issues involved but previous experience of lexus counts far more

What have others done / recommend?

Ill be doing the work myself

thanks

It was once quite limited and indeed difficult even for professional car hifi installers but there are lots of options to upgrade the audio and nav now. Some simple and others require a fair amount of knowledge and skill. I would say adding tech from a much later Lex with apple Carplay is just about impossible, I can't think of anything else that's compatible with the SC430's set up other than kit from a later SC430.

It all depends on what you want and what's important to you in terms of convenience and quality. There are a few threads on here and some install examples on you tube. Search for Grom, Metra and Beat-Sonic, they are options for interfaces that open things up using the original audio components with or without swapping the head unit. (Pioneer works well with Beat-Sonic)

Other owners with some tech know-how and fabricating skill have converted/adapted the nav unit to deliver Carplay and a whole lot more too.   see here for the crazy end of the scale.

• Like 1