Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think the 2009 year models have the latest version. Go into the menu and within you'll find the version you have. The very latest is 2009-2011. Quite a bit on here so browse and you'll find posts about satnav versions. 

• 2 months later...

We have a 2012 Lexus IS250C which has never had a SatNav software update (we have owned it since 2014). Lexus want £250 for an upgrade - does anyone know a cheaper alternative? (Yes I know we can use Google Maps on a phone!)

Thanks

I'd browse the forum if I were you. Since your car is a 2012 I'm not sure if yours is CD driven or by a memory stick. Find this out first. If its CD then you have the latest. If memory stick then I don't know.

4 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

We have a 2012 Lexus IS250C which has never had a SatNav software update (we have owned it since 2014). Lexus want £250 for an upgrade - does anyone know a cheaper alternative? (Yes I know we can use Google Maps on a phone!)

Thanks

Hi Duncan, I guess this isn't much help, but:

I looked into this very issue last year and found that my model is similar to yours in that any updates are done via the USB port, and apparently can only be carried out by Lexus. So big bucks I'm afraid. 

It's a bit of a shame on one hand, as it would be nice to have an integrated nav system. On the other, as comprehensive as the system is I find it rather fiddly, un-intuitive and overly complex to set up. Mind you, I don't have much patience at the best of times.

So as I mentioned, it's been a while since I last dug around for cheap updates so by now there maybe someone out there offering reasonably priced updates on a USB stick, or to download. But I somehow doubt it, as there doesn't seem to be much call for it.

Try checking all the usual sites and see what might be available, good luck!

On 4/1/2022 at 8:05 AM, Mr Vlad said:

I think the 2009 year models have the latest version. Go into the menu and within you'll find the version you have. The very latest is 2009-2011. Quite a bit on here so browse and you'll find posts about satnav versions. 

I have 2017 DVD.

0BA72F48-9383-4058-BEF5-45049AE478D1.png