Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link Live Services and Remote Start Not available on ES300h 2019 apparently, but why not exactly?

YGK

Hi,

I am from the Netherlands, and I did already find a post here about live services not being available in ES300h 2019 models.

I do however am able to do simple things like seeing why my car is and even though i didn't use it, i apparently can send a destination to navigate to.

I don't care about analytics, etc, but one feature that occasionally comes handy is remote start car for pre-heating or cooling the cabin (especially first appreciated in cold mornings given that i have a baby and a kid). 

Do you know if:

a. does the car even have the technical infrastructure to do it?

b. if yes to a, what is it actually that makes it not work (e.g. no sim/e-sim or service agreement with a network supplier). If it is network supplier, i wonder if it could ever be available in the future.

I believe there is a data communication module inside the car, because i do see where the car is. Also all ES models in the States is having this, remote start is even possible with the key (I tried the key, didn't work). Really trying to figure out what actually is the limiting factor here.

Frankly, not the end of the world, but for this class of car, it is rather unacceptable to miss these features. Many mainstream cars  were offering these even 5 years ago. Very happy with the car, but i am disappointed on this particular point.

Lexus Link is only available for the MY20 ES models. It doesn't provide remote start (not available on any European Lexus hybrid).

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/my-lexus-portal/lexus-link/#features-table

For your vehicle:

a) No

b) n/a, see a)

Lexus Enform in the US has had remote start capabilities for years - but they have a different system, and different laws.

Sending a nav destination to the vehicle has been a function in Europe for years, but this doesn't need cellular connectivity. The servers hold the trip information and the vehicle uses bluetooth/wifi hotspot from your phone to connect when you start the vehicle.

I wasn't aware the MY19 ES sends out it's location. I guess it is using the eCall system.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Lexus Enform in the US has had remote start capabilities for years - but they have a different system, and different laws.

Sending a nav destination to the vehicle has been a function in Europe for years, but this doesn't need cellular connectivity. The servers hold the trip information and the vehicle uses bluetooth/wifi hotspot from your phone to connect when you start the vehicle.

I wasn't aware the MY19 ES sends out it's location. I guess it is using the eCall system.

Mine is 2020 built ES + Premium Pack and I am able to send a destination or a route to the car via the Lexus App and also can see the location as well as fuel level and also where exactly on my last trip I braked hard or accelerated too hard !

Remote start apparently is enabled in the US (not sure if it is also on the Hybrid but definitely on non hybrids)  even though it is not advertised, however not in the U.K.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the clear responses. Missing the remote start feature  - and apparently  even for newer models - is really a con for a car of this price point and class - and especially in this time of technology, but I can’t blame anyone but myself as it apparently is pretty clearly mapped out. As stated not end of the world, but this to me is a comfort feature the car should have offered. 

4 hours ago, e-yes said:

Mine is 2020 built ES + Premium Pack and I am able to send a destination or a route to the car via the Lexus App and also can see the location as well as fuel level and also where exactly on my last trip I braked hard or accelerated too hard !

Yes, MY20 models have Lexus Link.

Having an engine running in an unoccupied, unattended vehicle is illegal in the UK which is why it is not available (think US it is a double press on the door lock button on key) full electric vehicles get around this obviously. If their is a hack to enable on UK spec I would be very interested though.

35 minutes ago, Tonyw said:

Having an engine running in an unoccupied, unattended vehicle is illegal in the UK which is why it is not available

Only on a public road. Lexus should allow the owner to make the decision, not make it on our behalf.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links