Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spare tyre

Good morning,

does anybody own or has ordered a UX with a spare tyre?

Or managed to order a spare tyre and fitted it in the trunk, where usually sits the repair kit?

Thanks

I have a space saver wheel & tyre from my last car, a Lexus IS.

It fits the UX, although I have never used it, nor do I keep it in the car.

There is no space below the lower part of the load area. The space taken up by “cut outs “ for some tools and locking wheel nut sets etc. 

Lexus tell us we should not remove the bottom part of the load area as this contains the main Battery and should only be removed by a Lexus technician.

As I have run flat Tyres I don’t need a spare wheel.

EEFBCB03-BAB7-46BF-845C-A2725FF350AC.jpeg

Thank You.

I bought the space saver wheel & tyre for the Toyota CH-R, it has the same specs as the one for the UX as written in the manuals.

I fitted it on top of the tools, it sits there perfectly. The trunk does not modify, remains exactly the same as without the spare tyre.

• 1 year later...
On 6/2/2023 at 5:28 AM, AUSSIE said:

@gdamorini

It's been a while since your post about you having the Toyota CHR spare.  Did you ever fit this to your UX to make sure that it works well?

Yes, when i had winter tyres replaced by the summer ones i asked to mount the spare, and it fitted perfectly.

• 1 month later...

If you remove the boot floor, then the box section below, then below that the sectioned box with pump and goo, below that you find a wheel well which is partly filled with something on the left. The retaining spigot is there in the centre. More storage space but not for a wheel. The two box sections are as tall as a space saver wheel, so they could have made it possible. They chose not too even though 90% of drivers want a space wheel according to the RAC.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links