Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What should I expect to pay for a, back to original quality, front and back bumper respray on LS460?

Hi All,

I have a quote locally for a front and rear bumper off respray as I would like an end result that looks as original as possible. I have a silver car and know this is not an easy colour to work with and clearly its not cheap to have done. I wondered if anyone on the board has had theirs done recently and if so what is a fair price so I can shop around?

Thanks for your input

PJ

I think around £300 a bumper is fair, I'd suggest looking for a local company that does work for the major dealers in the area. I paid that for a non-Lexus but large bumper recently which included repairing a crack.

Hi thanks for your feedback that’s what I have been quoted by a local shop that does a few of the local main dealers including Mercedes. 
I think that’s put my mind at rest as I am not looking for a cheap half hearted job.

Thanks again

PJ

A lexus approved body shop will come in anywhere between 850-950 including vat for the job, a lot of the labour (depending on complexities) is for removal of sensors,lights,headlight washers,reflectors etc....it can look quite daunting when you see the photo of them removed, especially the front.

Yes you pay a bit of a premium compared to a non approved shop, but the level of guarantee on the job (finish) refitting with alignment and knowing it goes back how it should be could be worth paying that bit extra for.

It ultimately depends how you view it and if your holding on to the car for a number of years to come.

15 hours ago, PJ Murphy said:

All very good points and food for thought thank you

and especially if you never have another slight prang or road chip or trolley dent whatever ..  you're very brave to spend that sort of ££££ just to spruce her up to look like new .......... on a 15 year old lady however dear to your heart she may be :unsure:

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links