Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CVT Issue or Engine Issue?

I have a 2006 Lexus RX400H with 175K on it. We've had it for 8 years with no issues. Recently I started feeling two of three little jerks on take off almost like your hitting some small bumps. A couple days later I still notice the jerking, and now some fairly bad shuttering as well. I serviced the transmission with Toyota WS ATF but had no effect. Now idling in drive the engine RPM jumps up and down and something is making a fairly loud click like something is catching and releasing. No warning lights and all systems are normal at freeway speed. I do all my own work on this car but this has me baffled.

Any ideas??

Thank you

49 minutes ago, Scott Story said:

I have a 2006 Lexus RX400H with 175K on it. We've had it for 8 years with no issues. Recently I started feeling two of three little jerks on take off almost like your hitting some small bumps. A couple days later I still notice the jerking, and now some fairly bad shuttering as well. I serviced the transmission with Toyota WS ATF but had no effect. Now idling in drive the engine RPM jumps up and down and something is making a fairly loud click like something is catching and releasing. No warning lights and all systems are normal at freeway speed. I do all my own work on this car but this has me baffled.

Any ideas??

Thank you

Have you read for codes? I wonder if it's an injector.

• Like 1