Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS460 battery - what am I missing?

In its life before me, my LS460 seemed to have suffered at least one hamfisted oaf who broke plastic engine covers and replaced push clips with random plastic clips they found lying around.

I've replaced one of the broken engine covers (not the silver one as I've not found one in better condition than mine yet!) and the push clips, but I appear to be missing something around the Battery for the passenger-side cover to clip onto. Does anyone know what should be here? 

I'm going to replace the Battery, so if it's something that needs fitting whilst the Battery is out this would be an ideal time. 

Battery 1.JPG

battery 2.JPG

You’re missing the complete Battery fixing clamp by the looks of it, the cover fixings push into the holes in the arms circled in red.

Comes in about 5 different parts from Lexus, let me know if you need part numbers.

8239FF4C-8B7F-486F-B9FB-62139A371921.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, steve2006 said:

You’re missing the complete battery fixing clamp by the looks of it, the cover fixings push into the holes in the arms circled in red.

Comes in about 5 different parts from Lexus, let me know if you need part numbers.

8239FF4C-8B7F-486F-B9FB-62139A371921.jpeg

Thank you! That could well mean my Battery is only held in by its own weight - not ideal!

If you do have the part numbers that would be excellent - or to save you the job is there an electronic parts catalogue somewhere? 

There is but no access to diagrams.

Yep potential MOT fail on insecure Battery!

Battery negative cover missing too but it may be down the side of the Battery.

Basically there are 3 parts to it, the main top clamp and 2 stays as shown circled in red

There is also a nut for the front threaded bar and a clip at the rear of the Battery box, part numbers are shown for each although the nut is generic ( M6 I think). Shown in blue.

74404A CLAMP SUB-ASSY, Battery
74404-50030   1 € 21.21
74407A BOLT SUB-ASSY, Battery CLAMP
74407-50010   1 € 5.71
74408A BOLT SUB-ASSY, Battery CLAMP, NO.2
74408-50030   1 € 6.25

3EC3C4C9-2E59-435A-BB4C-5E7C02C32790.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, donkmeister said:

where the battery wasn't held down

self-changing the Battery, I know, can often result in immense frustration in not being able to get the " hooks " to settle in together .  needs someone with immense knowledge or tiny adept fingers to help you ....  that was my own experience with the Honda Legend .  most modern cars never have enuf room ,,,,,, in olden cars you used to have enough room to swing a cat ....  or even 2 :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links