Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 300H Tyres

Hi all, 

At that time where I might need a new set of tyres to replace the stock Yokohama bluearths the NX300H came with.  I don't want to get into changing them every winter and summer, little point in the UK with the mild winters.  Given that, i'm looking for the quietest and pest performing tyre out there.  Any recommendations? 

Thanks all!   

I put Michelin Cross Climates on mine.  Very quiet and very capable in poor weather.  I’ve still got the original tyres with less than a thousand miles.  You can have all four for £100 if you want a bargain.  

• Thanks 1

I have just replaced all 4 tyres on our NX Luxury and had the same thoughts as you, so looked at the all season tyres. The car only has 20,000 miles and had plenty of tread left, but the tyres had split between the treads.

I ordered Cross climates, but each set that were delivered to the fitting station had been stored incorrectly and the gap between the beading of the tyre was so narrow that they could not inflate them. The fitting station then recommended Continental All Season tyres, so Contis it was.

Straight away I noticed a diffence. The ride was much better, but the noise reduction was so much better. It was if there had been a constant 'white noise' before. The radio was clearer and it was virtually silent on smooth surfaces. Only yesterday I had to go onto a sloped grassy field. Now I know the old tyres would have not got me to where I needed to get, but these tyres never lost grip at all.

Would I buy them again? - without hesitation and I would have replaced the Yokohamas even sooner had I realised how poor they were.

I presently own the f-sport.. i hated the yokohama tyres it was provided with and changed to michelin cross climate ones after 5000 miles. Now done 20000 miles and do not regret it one bit. Better ride, quieter and better grip.

Thanks all. 

The Yokohamas 3mm on the front and 5mm on the back. Could have done a rotation and bought another pair of Yokohamas but then I would have been locked in to that for another few years.  

Stuck 4 Michelin cross climates on it. :money_with_wings:

• Thanks 1

You won't be disappointed with Xclimates, you'll notice less road noise and the car feeling a bit more sure footed on the road

4 minutes ago, as13 said:

You won't be disappointed with Xclimates, you'll notice less road noise and the car feeling a bit more sure footed on the road

Yes. That is exactly what I did notice this evening when I went to the gym.  The road noise is now minimised and the ride is now a lot smoother.  I'm glad I made the switch rather than just sticking two new bluearths on the front. 

It's a 2018 with 17,000 miles on now. I'll probably trade in between two and three years time, hopefully I'll have more fully electric choices by then.  

It's a decent car, albeit engine rather underpowered. My young son likes looking out the pan roof from his seat. 

• Like 2

Try a set of Avon AX7 in the optional size of 235/55 18.

They are summer tyres with AT overtones, C and C and 70db and XL and are siply brilliant to both, drive on and look at. About £112 each fitted and balanced and incl VAT.

Fitted X Climates to 2 RX, and previous NX, and will be fitting them to current NX in a couple of months time. Brilliant tyres, excellent grip and so much quieter than the Yokohamas.

• Like 1