Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing camera not working

Hi folks,

My reversing camera became intermittent over a few months and has finally stopped working.

I removed the bootlid lining to access the back of the camera to fiddle with the connector and it's not a loose connection there. I wonder whether anyone has a spare camera I could install alongside to verify whether the camera itself is faulty?

What's the best way to remove the boot lining to access to the control unit?  I'm told it's mounted on the right hand side of the boot, but I can't figure out how to remove the side lining.  I'm thinking of conducting continuity tests along the cable runs to determine whether something has broken.

Any suggestions welcome. The diagnostic menu says camera is fine - and no fault codes.

Thank you,
Jeremy

My rear camera went this way as well and like yours eventually stopped working altogether. I picked one up from eBay for about £70 and fitted it myself which wasn't too hard to do. Just pop all the fasteners and put the liner to one side. It helps if you have small hands to get in to it. The image, when it was failing looked like a negative photo.

Screenshot_20220404-102237_eBay.jpg

Mine has started doing similar. When cold and I select Reverse it initially shows a white screen that slowly resolves into the image.
However, if I then go back to Park and select Reverse again, the image appears instantly.
I suspect it might be another problem caused by the crappy lead-free solder. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Ok so I was leaving Aldi’s, and grabbed a wipe on the way out to wipe my dash. After I did I got these Dash icons, and this on my screen. So Not only does my R backup doesn’t come up, but I can’t go to my climate, or radio, menu etc..and the screen never changes for me to do anything if anyone can help!!!

IMG_0275.thumb.jpeg.9f46f676331c5c57809a405ea5e1f37a.jpegIMG_0280.thumb.jpeg.50836b12e648c1fa935252843503eb58.jpeg