Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New ES300h Owner

Marko89

Hi all, 

Thought I would come on and say hello, picking up an MY22 ES300h F Sport later in the week if all goes to plan. I worked for Toyota for a year or so back around 2017 so have a fair idea about the previous generation of hybrid tech but, it is still like stepping into a spaceship coming out of a mid spec '68 plate Astra SRI so will no doubt have a few questions along the way in the ES sub forum. 

Our dealer in Glasgow have been excellent so far, it is probably the most relaxed I've ever felt buying a car. We bought their demo as were advised of the long waits, which seems to be the norm across the industry just now. Our reason for going for a look on Sunday was simply down to having had an Octavia VRS on order since October last year and still no whiff of a production date, with people on the Briskoda forum who ordered a good few months before us now being quoted Q1 2023 it was obvious the wait would be long. My analogy for comparison after the test drive was "It isn't so much a missile as a very nice place to be" which suits us down to the ground given the road trips we have planned into Ireland and Southern Germany later this year. 

• Like 1

Congratulations, owned my 2020 model for about 6000 miles now and very impressed with comfort, economy technology, it really is a nice place to be, I am sure you will be happy with your choice 

27 minutes ago, Derant said:

Congratulations, owned my 2020 model for about 6000 miles now and very impressed with comfort, economy technology, it really is a nice place to be, I am sure you will be happy with your choice 

Thanks, the comfort and economy really played a massive part in winning us over. Without even trying to be frugal we were just shy of 50mpg on a mixed test route. That included playing about with all the setting, giving it the beans on the motorway a couple of times to get a feel for how it picks up and then through relatively busy streets in the East end of Glasgow with a fair bit of stop start at traffic lights. 

It is a shame we couldn't stretch to the Takumi as those rear seats were tremendous in the showroom model. One thing I didn't notice was whether or not it had front fogs. It is equipped with the triple eye LEDs so I am assuming one of those beams mimics them? 

Mine has the autonomic headlight system which constantly adapts to whatever conditions is senses, you can turn it off and just have dipped or main beam. Don’t know if it’s just on the Takumi spec though