Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When is my NX 350 being delivered?

Hi all,

Is anyone else having this issue? I ordered my NX 350 from Lexus in Cambridge mid November. I was originally given end March/early April as a delivery date. In January, that was put back to 1st week of June (although the dealer told me it would probably come late May). As of today, my NX still hasn't been built and I believe the build to deliver timeframe is about 10 weeks so June looks to be just about out of the question although the dealer is still saying early June which is now impossible. For anyone else who ordered mid November, have you received your car or what is your delivery date please? [Interesting, I have a friend who ordered an NX 350 early January and he has been driving his around for 2 weeks!!].

Keith

Regarding to your issue of where is my nx350h, I ordered mine in October 2021 and was told January 2022 that then moved to march now has gone to June/July ,the app is still showing waiting to be built ,so your guess is as good as mine.

Rob

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, painter said:

Regarding to your issue of where is my nx350h, I ordered mine in October 2021 and was told January 2022 that then moved to march now has gone to June/July ,the app is still showing waiting to be built ,so your guess is as good as mine.

Rob

Thanks Rob. Yes mine is showing as still to be built too. Its reassuring I'm not alone then but wish Lexus could be more certain of what's happening and should be keeping us all better informed. Even the Dealers seem to be in the dark.

I have contacted Lexus direct and they don't really have a clue when it will be arriving and put it down to my specification of nx350h I have ordered Takumi trim in blazing carnelian and black and cream trim. Just have to keep on waiting.

Rob

Think the 450h is being given priority by the look of things. I ordered one in September and took delivery last month. The time from finished build to delivery was quicker than I expected so hope you experience the same. It will be worth the wait! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken R said:

Think the 450h is being given priority by the look of things. I ordered one in September and took delivery last month. The time from finished build to delivery was quicker than I expected so hope you experience the same. It will be worth the wait! 

Thanks  Ken

I ordered mine (350h) towards Christmas and have always been told August up until now, I have a feeling that some dealer/salesman are more optimistic on lead time than others, maybe to encourage us to order? Whereas some (like my dealer) are more conservative to manage expectation... Just a thought.

more interesting is how the hell did your friend manage to get it so quickly, when he/she only ordered in Jan.

I think we all need to get a tip or 2 from your friend! 😉

Cheers

Lok

Cancelled order probably, like mine was. Bolton Lexus had called me in to update my 68 plate NX at the end of January, but I walked away saying I wasn't prepared to wait until November, even though they would guarantee the monthly payments and trade-in until then. I just wasn't prepared to wrap the car in cotton wool until then. Anyway, lo and behold two days later they came up with 2 F Sport order cancellations, a Blue and a Sonic Tit (as the man described it!). Went for the Sonic Tit and have been driving it around now for two weeks.

Sorry to all you people that have been waiting for months, I don't know how Bolton Lexus did it, maybe I was just dead lucky that they came up with a colour and model I was happy with, but just try pushing your dealers to do the same.

Hello everybody. This is my first ever post. After almost 7 years of Lexus ownership, I've summoned up the courage to post!

My history: 65plate CT, 68plate NX Luxury, 22plate F Sport. All in Sonic Tit....

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Col Wilk said:

Cancelled order probably, like mine was. Bolton Lexus had called me in to update my 68 plate NX at the end of January, but I walked away saying I wasn't prepared to wait until November, even though they would guarantee the monthly payments and trade-in until then. I just wasn't prepared to wrap the car in cotton wool until then. Anyway, lo and behold two days later they came up with 2 F Sport order cancellations, a Blue and a Sonic Tit (as the man described it!). Went for the Sonic Tit and have been driving it around now for two weeks.

Sorry to all you people that have been waiting for months, I don't know how Bolton Lexus did it, maybe I was just dead lucky that they came up with a colour and model I was happy with, but just try pushing your dealers to do the same.

Hello everybody. This is my first ever post. After almost 7 years of Lexus ownership, I've summoned up the courage to post!

My history: 65plate CT, 68plate NX Luxury, 22plate F Sport. All in Sonic Tit....

Welcome, a very good first post as well. Good choices of cars.

I ordered my Lexus 350H with the Premium Plus Pack in mid November. I was told at the time of the order that the delivery date would be in May. I revisited the showroom a few weeks ago in order to take the demonstration vehicle out for a test drive. I was very impressed with the overall performance and refinement of the vehicle. The sales person then informed that the delivery date had been pushed back to July. I have tried to check the build status on my Lexus account, but no build date has been given. I would not be surprised  if the dealer informs at a later date that the  expected delivery date has been pushed back to September.

If it is any consolation, I was going to order a Range Rover Velar, but was told that the delivery time would be approximately one year, and the vehicle would not necessarily come with all the option extras that I wanted due to silicon chip shortages. I walked away without placing an order, then I walked into the Lexus showroom and placed my order for the NX 350H.At the time of order the dealership seemed quite confident about a May delivery. I walked away feeling quite happy with my decision.

Hopefully I will receive my NX350 in July.

All the best

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Col Wilk said:

Gorgeous colour.  It was only the price tag that held me back.   

To be honest, when negotiations started at the end of January, an F Sport was never ever on my rader, way out of my price range. All the discussions were around a Premium Pack with Lexus Link Pro. The Dealer said that there were no discounts at all due to it being a brand new model. I said that the extra VED over 40k was a red line for me, and after a little discussion we came to a 'Gentlemans Agreement' over that issue. The trade-in for my 68plate NX was a very, very pleasant surprise. We came to an agreed monthly cost and that was that. I went away and thought about it over the weekend but decided that the long wait until November for the new model was not for me and decided to keep my car for the forseeable future.

Like I said in my previous post, the dealership then came back to me with the offer of the F Sport......but at the terms we had agreed for the Premium Pack!

As the Dealer said, It was a No-Brainer. And that's probably the first time I've ever agreed with a car salesman! I can only think that they were very keen to meet their monthly targets.

You can probably do the maths as to what discount that gave me on the F Sport. So it does show you that discounts can be had if things fall into place.

I do feel that I am a very, very lucky chap.

• Like 2

Not sure how you can have a “Gentleman’s Agreement” over extra VED as it is automatically applied based on the Published Lexus list price on the day your car is first registered. You will be charged the £355 extra per year from year 2. Are you saying the dealer gave you a £ 1,775 discount to cover it?

On 4/5/2022 at 5:24 PM, Lexnew said:

I ordered my Lexus 350H with the Premium Plus Pack in mid November. I was told at the time of the order that the delivery date would be in May. I revisited the showroom a few weeks ago in order to take the demonstration vehicle out for a test drive. I was very impressed with the overall performance and refinement of the vehicle. The sales person then informed that the delivery date had been pushed back to July. I have tried to check the build status on my Lexus account, but no build date has been given. I would not be surprised  if the dealer informs at a later date that the  expected delivery date has been pushed back to September.

If it is any consolation, I was going to order a Range Rover Velar, but was told that the delivery time would be approximately one year, and the vehicle would not necessarily come with all the option extras that I wanted due to silicon chip shortages. I walked away without placing an order, then I walked into the Lexus showroom and placed my order for the NX 350H.At the time of order the dealership seemed quite confident about a May delivery. I walked away feeling quite happy with my decision.

Hopefully I will receive my NX350 in July.

All the best

and bonus... you'll now have a car that stays on the road 😉

Collected my first ever Lexus on Thursday after 3 Volvo XC60,s  ,it being a 350h with premium plus pack along with a tow bar, in graphite with black seats. Started the search late September by looking at a few very low mileage old models at a local dealer until they increased their prices by £3000, so paid a visit to Lexus Reading. They explained what the new model would be like as far as they knew so early October put down a deposit, saw the left hander in December and test drove my first Lexus early February. Delivery went from January to March,then April 19th, but car arrived to them on 5th April. All communications have been by email, but Roger kept me informed all the time and hand over was very very good.

Have not done many miles since collection, but car is quieter than the demo and very smooth, very pleased with the car all round. For any none Lexus owners waiting for theirs, believe me it's worth the wait.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Husky125 said:

Collected my first ever Lexus on Thursday after 3 Volvo XC60,s  ,it being a 350h with premium plus pack along with a tow bar, in graphite with black seats. Started the search late September by looking at a few very low mileage old models at a local dealer until they increased their prices by £3000, so paid a visit to Lexus Reading. They explained what the new model would be like as far as they knew so early October put down a deposit, saw the left hander in December and test drove my first Lexus early February. Delivery went from January to March,then April 19th, but car arrived to them on 5th April. All communications have been by email, but Roger kept me informed all the time and hand over was very very good.

Have not done many miles since collection, but car is quieter than the demo and very smooth, very pleased with the car all round. For any none Lexus owners waiting for theirs, believe me it's worth the wait.

Glad that you are enjoying your first Lexus, and what a great car to start with. I have ordered a NX350h Takumi after owning my first lexus, an IS300h Premier, since 2013 and covering 200k miles from new with no major issues. I would never buy another make and did not even look at the competition (or lack of it!) when I ordered my NX. Can't wait for mine (due October) and jealous of everyone who has already got theirs.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Husky125 said:

I am also switching from xc60 to nx 🙂

• Like 2

For all the switchers from XC60 to NX, please, what made you switch. Is it drive, ride, refinement, luxury, space, cost of ownership, dealer experience, 0-60mph, MPG, handling etc?

17 minutes ago, Starlight said:

For all the switchers from XC60 to NX, please, what made you switch. Is it drive, ride, refinement, luxury, space, cost of ownership, dealer experience, 0-60mph, MPG, handling etc?

Hi, for me it’s none of the reasons listed by you. I’ve owned my xc60 classic for about 6 years and mileage about 150k km now, all very satisfied. I’ve only changed the turbo sensor once that cost me about 200euro. I have had plan to switch to hybrid car and the new xc60 recharge is for sure the first that came in my mind, however it doesn’t look as handsome as my current classic version, plus the range in pure electric is only 45km(my expectation is 50-100km). And after a few weeks search I found NX450h and it looks perfect in design as well:)

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with the xc60 but let me explain my experience. When I retired in 2010 we bought a new xc60 d5 manual , promised in March arrived in September with hardly any contact from the dealer. Worst car I have ever had,with software faults each month for the first 18 months, each software correction lead to another different fault. Then it settled down and was good from them on and in 2014 we had a new d4 manual , still with the five cylinder engine. This was trouble free so in 2017 we purchased the new model with the four cylinder motor in inscription pro spec, but still had to pay extra for tints,heated steering wheel and the Bliss pack and 360 camera. This was excellent, but after 4.5 years we decided to downsize and looked at the xc40, but at the time a lot of the safety features were being removed. The servicing dealer found my question over this amusing and treated my enquiry as a joke, so we found an xc40 at another dealer and was very disappointed in the car. This made us look around and after dismissing Honda CRV on the shape, RAV very good value, but my wife did not like it, so ended up with Lexus.

So the short answer is they are very good cars let down by the dealers who in this part of the world are all now just large chains and seem to follow Audi in the approach of "we will sell to you if and when we want to"

There are exceptions to this and I found the service department at Fawcetts in Newbury excellent, but it helped that the head mechanic was another off-road motorcyclist.

• Like 1

Looking at Toyota Production plan as below. Hardly any production planned for NX between April 1st and 11th at Miyata plant. Production restarts tomorrow to Friday this week and then back on the 20th of April. Late October and early November 2021 orders might be lucky with April as build date but who knows. We live in hope.

Toyota Motor Kyushu
Miyata Plant
Production line #1 April 1 (Fri), 4 (Mon), 5 (Tue), 6 (Wed), 7 (Thu), 8 (Fri), 11 (Mon), 18 (Mon), 19 (Tue) NX, NX PHEV, CT, UX, UX BEV
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just to share I also ordered a 350H premium pack with link-pro end of Nov through a lease company, was given an estimated date of 10th June, only slippage reported by a week to mid June.  To be fair I'm untrusting of the date and have been pushing for a build date as for me thats the only way to accurately estimate, 10-12 weeks after I'd guess.

Chased again today and Lexus replied with this to the lease company 'With regards to this one the TGB system still states an ETA of the 14th June although a vehicle has not yet been allocated. The current supply update states June/July for a new order so I would say estimated late June to your customer '

I have no idea if 'allocated' has any bearing on build status - if I were a betting man I'm waiting for a new slipped date next week.

On a side note - I know this is a US based video tutorial but you may find it interesting on the new NX 😉

• Like 1

Slightly doubtful for a June delivery Ray - hope I am wrong though. I ordered 350h F sport with Takumi pack early Nov 21, was still told mid June 22 a month ago. Just got an update yesterday and it’s now mid Sept 22…

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links