Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When is my NX 350 being delivered?

Having been a Lexus customer for 10 years+ ( 2 450h’s both excellent cars), I ordered a NX450h F Sport mid February 2022 with an ETA of June 2022. I was strongly encouraged to sell my current 450h by the dealership and as I had another car I could use, I agreed. I was advised that although delivery of new cars was extended things were improving and a June delivery was probable.

I had no communication from the dealership so in mid April I contacted the salesperson who confirmed that the ETA was still June although he initially said my car was on track as per the order for September but then corrected himself. He subsequently confirmed the June delivery date by email.

Last week I emailed the salesperson and had no response. I then had a call from the dealership and was told the salesperson I was dealing with had moved to another branch and I was allocated another contact. He then proceeded to tell me my delivery was pushed back to September. He said he had no knowledge of my email enquiries. 

My concern is more about the communication process from the dealership rather than the delivery delays. I feel that I have been given over optimistic delivery dates to encourage me to place my order.

The dealership I am buying the car from has recently been taken over by one of the largest car dealership groups in the UK and there is all new management at the showroom. Customer service was excellent prior to the takeover but I feel it’s all about hitting the targets now. I am considering contacting Lexus UK but is it going to make any difference?

I feel reassured reading so many messages from people that have had the same experience as me. I ordered the NX in November expecting it in Feb, then April, now July. One of the reasons for going with Lexus this time was that Land Rover said 12 months minimum. Knowing the real lead time would’ve influenced my decision at the time. I remain excited for when it arrives as the advert and all the YouTube reviews are really positive.

Whilst waiting, it was time for our smaller 2nd car to get an upgrade. So we ordered a new Toyota Yaris in January and it’s arrived already.

11 hours ago, Brt20 said:

I feel reassured reading so many messages from people that have had the same experience as me. I ordered the NX in November expecting it in Feb, then April, now July. One of the reasons for going with Lexus this time was that Land Rover said 12 months minimum. Knowing the real lead time would’ve influenced my decision at the time. I remain excited for when it arrives as the advert and all the YouTube reviews are really positive.

Whilst waiting, it was time for our smaller 2nd car to get an upgrade. So we ordered a new Toyota Yaris in January and it’s arrived already.

You are sadly  right about the bait and switch Lexus tactic ( was told August/September when ordered, then the order form suggested end of November which realistically means sometime next year), but I guess Yaris doesn't have the same number of CPU's , so is not affected as much by the global computer chip shortage.

The good think though is that Lexus gives price guarantee. So - and considering inflation and price increases -  by the time the car arrives, you will probably be able to sell it to we buy any car and make a profit - if so you wish that is .

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Brt20 said:

I ordered very end of Nov(my 4th Lexus - 350h premium pack and link pro) through a lease - TGB system stuck on 14th June but still no build.  The dealer raised with head office direct yesterday who returned the supply bulletin for my order date - they also said they hoped to still deliver me a May Build for July - but they advised the dealer to tell me 1-2 months on top for a buffer, I know because they copied me on the mail from head office....

Thought I'd share the table they have that shows 450's with a quicker turn around but this might help people feel better if ordered a 350h in Nov/Dec as it's direct estimates from the supply line.....

image.thumb.png.bdcbfe6ec9b4f0edb7973e3a919e5754.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 1:37 AM, Nickft said:

Having been a Lexus customer for 10 years+ ( 2 450h’s both excellent cars), I ordered a NX450h F Sport mid February 2022 with an ETA of June 2022. I was strongly encouraged to sell my current 450h by the dealership and as I had another car I could use, I agreed. I was advised that although delivery of new cars was extended things were improving and a June delivery was probable.

I had no communication from the dealership so in mid April I contacted the salesperson who confirmed that the ETA was still June although he initially said my car was on track as per the order for September but then corrected himself. He subsequently confirmed the June delivery date by email.

Last week I emailed the salesperson and had no response. I then had a call from the dealership and was told the salesperson I was dealing with had moved to another branch and I was allocated another contact. He then proceeded to tell me my delivery was pushed back to September. He said he had no knowledge of my email enquiries. 

My concern is more about the communication process from the dealership rather than the delivery delays. I feel that I have been given over optimistic delivery dates to encourage me to place my order.

The dealership I am buying the car from has recently been taken over by one of the largest car dealership groups in the UK and there is all new management at the showroom. Customer service was excellent prior to the takeover but I feel it’s all about hitting the targets now. I am considering contacting Lexus UK but is it going to make any difference?

Chasing the car up is not going to make any difference.

The problem is that it creates a lot of extra work when people are constantly contacting for updates on their vehicle which diverts time and attention from other things.

Just wait and see it through

The new car market is very volatile at the moment and realistically no one really knows when the car will turn up

• Like 1

I recognise that I’ve got to see it through, my point was about the lack of communication and unrealistic delivery dates being stated by the dealerships. I was genuinely encouraged to sell my existing RX450h to the dealership on the basis of improving delivery schedules from the manufacturer. Fortunately I have another car I can use so not a major problem for me.

If the supply problems ex Lexus Japan are that bad then they should be communicating this to Lexus UK who in turn should give guidance to the dealerships on realistic lead times which in turn should be communicated to the customer. 

Your point about creating a lot of extra work for the dealership is an issue that Lexus UK should confront. The last thing a customer wants to hear is ‘don’t chase your order as we’re busy’. Anyway if new cars are so slow coming through and the secondhand market has limited availability, then I suggest sales staff at dealerships are not exactly rushed off their feet!

im still waiting for an acknowledgment to an email to my sales contact making a simple request. That was over a week ago…do I ring the dealership? Do I send another email? Oh…I forgot they’re terribly busy selling non existent new cars!! (Please excuse my sarcasm).

When there are supply chain issues it is even more important to maintain communication with your customers even if it’s just ‘no change’. This ensures customer confidence for the future. 

Lexus has always put customer service as their principle asset. Given the current situation I would suggest Lexus Japan/UK need to have a strategy for managing customer expectations. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nickft said:

I recognise that I’ve got to see it through, my point was about the lack of communication and unrealistic delivery dates being stated by the dealerships. I was genuinely encouraged to sell my existing RX450h to the dealership on the basis of improving delivery schedules from the manufacturer. Fortunately I have another car I can use so not a major problem for me.

If the supply problems ex Lexus Japan are that bad then they should be communicating this to Lexus UK who in turn should give guidance to the dealerships on realistic lead times which in turn should be communicated to the customer. 

Your point about creating a lot of extra work for the dealership is an issue that Lexus UK should confront. The last thing a customer wants to hear is ‘don’t chase your order as we’re busy’. Anyway if new cars are so slow coming through and the secondhand market has limited availability, then I suggest sales staff at dealerships are not exactly rushed off their feet!

im still waiting for an acknowledgment to an email to my sales contact making a simple request. That was over a week ago…do I ring the dealership? Do I send another email? Oh…I forgot they’re terribly busy selling non existent new cars!! (Please excuse my sarcasm).

When there are supply chain issues it is even more important to maintain communication with your customers even if it’s just ‘no change’. This ensures customer confidence for the future. 

Lexus has always put customer service as their principle asset. Given the current situation I would suggest Lexus Japan/UK need to have a strategy for managing customer expectations. 

Most dealers will give correct delivery times at the point of ordering. Because of the volatile situation currently including the earthquakes in Japan and Russian war its meaning that the delivery dates and build dates are constantly changing and that means that it is increasinly likely that it will increase and not reduce.

Bear in mind I have a VW Golf on order since Dec 2021 which has had build weeks 11, 23, 44, 39 that I know of and almost everything in between. 

Additionally, because of the new car issues - they're dealing with multiple customers a day when it comes to used cars. Typically a decent used car will get 5-10 queries a week. In some BMW dealerships, they're getting 15-20 enquiries a day one one vehicle which encompasses test drives amongst financing enquiries etc. Theres no real lack of availability of used cars whatsoever - there is plenty of stock, its just that most people know that they aren't going to pay the prices theyre commanding right now.

I think 3-4 days for an email is fine - then call if needed. I would only really ask for an update on the vehicle once a month in reality. 

I don’t disagree with most of what you say however my point is still lack of communication and no strategy for managing customer expectations from Lexus UK or Japan. If the situation  is as volatile as you suggest then the need for a strategy is even more important. 

I have dealt with Lexus for over 10 years (I’m on my third RX and a NX on order and my daughter has bought 2 RX’s in the same period).  We have always had good customer service however that seems to have changed. I can’t believe that’s down to busy salesmen. 

This isn’t a dealership issue it’s a Lexus UK/Japan issue. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Nickft said:

I don’t disagree with most of what you say however my point is still lack of communication and no strategy for managing customer expectations from Lexus UK or Japan. If the situation  is as volatile as you suggest then the need for a strategy is even more important. 

I have dealt with Lexus for over 10 years (I’m on my third RX and a NX on order and my daughter has bought 2 RX’s in the same period).  We have always had good customer service however that seems to have changed. I can’t believe that’s down to busy salesmen. 

This isn’t a dealership issue it’s a Lexus UK/Japan issue. 

There is no strategy as its out of the dealerships hands. They can't control how quickly the vehicle is built or gets here.

The salesman should tell you with regard to the timescales:

1. Expected delivery at time of order with the proviso that it could change, likely be extended by a few months possibly even into 12 months depending on vehicle
  2. When the vehicle has arrived with them
  3. When you want to collect the vehicle

Anything else is really just dependant on the salesman but would be meaningless information regardless as they simply don't know when itll arrive. Some may tell you that its been built and is on its way. 

I've had about 5 Lexus over the past 18 years amongst Mercedes, VW, Jaguar etc. Once you put the order in you kind of just forget and reach out if you want personally want an update. 

Its almost like waiting for an appointment in the NHS - they dont exactly provide updates on how far you've gone up the queue, or when you'd receive one, and its still treated like the countrys most amazing asset!

4 hours ago, rayaans said:

Most dealers will give correct delivery times at the point of ordering. Because of the volatile situation currently including the earthquakes in Japan and Russian war its meaning that the delivery dates and build dates are constantly changing and that means that it is increasinly likely that it will increase and not reduce.

Bear in mind I have a VW Golf on order since Dec 2021 which has had build weeks 11, 23, 44, 39 that I know of and almost everything in between. 

Additionally, because of the new car issues - they're dealing with multiple customers a day when it comes to used cars. Typically a decent used car will get 5-10 queries a week. In some BMW dealerships, they're getting 15-20 enquiries a day one one vehicle which encompasses test drives amongst financing enquiries etc. Theres no real lack of availability of used cars whatsoever - there is plenty of stock, its just that most people know that they aren't going to pay the prices theyre commanding right now.

I think 3-4 days for an email is fine - then call if needed. I would only really ask for an update on the vehicle once a month in reality. 

I think 3-4 days for an email is fine - then call if needed. I would only really ask for an update on the vehicle once a month in reality. 

Sounds like a plausible plan. The question for me is what to consider to be a month in reality. Ordered November 2021 given March 2022. Called in March, ETA moved to May, Called in April, ETA moved to June, Called in May, moved to July. Definitely positive that if I call in June, it will move to August. So will call in September, which seems to be a month outside reality. 

11 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I think 3-4 days for an email is fine - then call if needed. I would only really ask for an update on the vehicle once a month in reality. 

Sounds like a plausible plan. The question for me is what to consider to be a month in reality. Ordered November 2021 given March 2022. Called in March, ETA moved to May, Called in April, ETA moved to June, Called in May, moved to July. Definitely positive that if I call in June, it will move to August. So will call in September, which seems to be a month outside reality. 

The moral of the story is call when you feel like calling. Stop by the dealership, have a free mocha, lovely biscuits and a good old chat with the lovely guys there. It may come tomorrow or next year. The reasons for the delays are irrelevant. Earthquakes can happen tomorrow in Japan, Covid in China, war in Ukraine and many others.

• Like 1

Its spread throughout the motor industry. I ordered a new Volvo XC60 back in November promised for January - March - May - June just got the message that production has totally stopped for 10 weeks due to shortages. Really dont know if i will see it this side of Christmas.

Dropped in to one of the dealership on a Saturday. Place was like ghost Town. Sales guys complaining as sadly their main income comes from commission. They do not get paid until the car is delivered to you. They have family to feed and bills to pay and wants the car with you ASAP. 

4 hours ago, rayaans said:

There is no strategy as its out of the dealerships hands. They can't control how quickly the vehicle is built or gets here.

The salesman should tell you with regard to the timescales:

1. Expected delivery at time of order with the proviso that it could change, likely be extended by a few months possibly even into 12 months depending on vehicle
  2. When the vehicle has arrived with them
  3. When you want to collect the vehicle

Anything else is really just dependant on the salesman but would be meaningless information regardless as they simply don't know when itll arrive. Some may tell you that its been built and is on its way. 

I've had about 5 Lexus over the past 18 years amongst Mercedes, VW, Jaguar etc. Once you put the order in you kind of just forget and reach out if you want personally want an update. 

Its almost like waiting for an appointment in the NHS - they dont exactly provide updates on how far you've gone up the queue, or when you'd receive one, and its still treated like the countrys most amazing asset! 

I recognise that the delivery is out of the dealerships hands. My issue is that given the current circumstances Lexus (either Japan or UK or both) need to have a joined up strategy that keeps customers informed rather than leaving it to a random discovery event. Everyone knows the current situation with manufacture and delivery of new vehicles is extended but customers who are not communicated with will lose confidence in the supplier. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nickft said:

I recognise that the delivery is out of the dealerships hands. My issue is that given the current circumstances Lexus (either Japan or UK or both) need to have a joined up strategy that keeps customers informed rather than leaving it to a random discovery event. Everyone knows the current situation with manufacture and delivery of new vehicles is extended but customers who are not communicated with will lose confidence in the supplier. 

But then how often should they be communicating this. Sales staff do outline these extended times and I suppose expect you to call if you want an update. 

I know with VAG group the build week keeps changing every day at the moment jumping all over the place and this would only confuse matters if communicating this to customers

On 5/24/2022 at 1:38 PM, Ray 1969 said:

I ordered very end of Nov(my 4th Lexus - 350h premium pack and link pro) through a lease - TGB system stuck on 14th June but still no build.  The dealer raised with head office direct yesterday who returned the supply bulletin for my order date - they also said they hoped to still deliver me a May Build for July - but they advised the dealer to tell me 1-2 months on top for a buffer, I know because they copied me on the mail from head office....

Thought I'd share the table they have that shows 450's with a quicker turn around but this might help people feel better if ordered a 350h in Nov/Dec as it's direct estimates from the supply line.....

image.thumb.png.bdcbfe6ec9b4f0edb7973e3a919e5754.png

This is really helpful, thank you

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am a first time Lexus buyer. I have ordered F Sport NX 350h. What kind of dealer discount should I ask for as it is their quarter end in September and all the dealers are quite keen. The price of this model was circa £48k when I started my research earlier in the year and now it is £52k so feeling gutted about not ordering before. I was told by one of my neighbor who owns a Lexus that they dealers have 25% profit margin on new cars and it is quite normal to get 7-8% discount if they really want your business so keen to see if anyone managed to get this level of discount on NX.

5 hours ago, VJ25 said:

I was told by one of my neighbor who owns a Lexus that they dealers have 25% profit margin on new cars

It’s no where near that but end of quarter targets can make it worthwhile selling cars near cost or even below cost, especially if they are making money on finance. Larger discounts/offers are normally manufacturer supported.

Why not give carwow a go and let all the dealers compete for your business, as you say it is the right time although you may have left it a day or two too late. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VJ25 said:

Hi,

I am a first time Lexus buyer. I have ordered F Sport NX 350h. What kind of dealer discount should I ask for as it is their quarter end in September and all the dealers are quite keen. The price of this model was circa £48k when I started my research earlier in the year and now it is £52k so feeling gutted about not ordering before. I was told by one of my neighbor who owns a Lexus that they dealers have 25% profit margin on new cars and it is quite normal to get 7-8% discount if they really want your business so keen to see if anyone managed to get this level of discount on NX.

Discounts on a car in demand are unlikely to be great.
Once  you believe that you have negotiated the best “cost to change” deal you can (sometimes discounts are hidden in a p/x value if you have one) then ask the question “what can you do that has a value to me for very little cost to yourselves?” I managed to get 3 years free servicing using this approach.

Also, even if you intend paying cash, take the finance deal being pushed. You can settle the finance in month 1 without incurring any penalties (consumer law prevents finance companies from charging penalties for early settlement). Just make sure that any “discount” you obtain that is linked to the finance arrangement is more than 1 months interest .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dippo said:

End of quarter matters for dealer registrations, not order take. It doesn't matter when you order your car, it's when it's recorded as a sale.

Order intake can be important to some dealerships, the ones publicly traded for example where they give guidance on their order book.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2022 at 5:16 AM, ColinBarber said:

It’s no where near that but end of quarter targets can make it worthwhile selling cars near cost or even below cost, especially if they are making money on finance. Larger discounts/offers are normally manufacturer supported.

Why not give carwow a go and let all the dealers compete for your business, as you say it is the right time although you may have left it a day or two too late. 

Thanks, got a good deal in the end I think, £51k  for F sport with Panaronomic roof and comfort pack plus 3 year free servicing. Now the long wait for delivery begins. Managed to get this deal before price increase in October. I have gone for Sonic Titanium with Black interiors but not sure if this colour has any impact on resale value or should still change to Blueor Grey to be on the safer side?

• Like 1

@VJ25

My 450h+ is Sonic Titanium with black. Hope the pics will reassure you.

10 hours ago, VJ25 said:

Thanks, got a good deal in the end I think, £51k  for F sport with Panaronomic roof and comfort pack plus 3 year free servicing. Now the long wait for delivery begins. Managed to get this deal before price increase in October. I have gone for Sonic Titanium with Black interiors but not sure if this colour has any impact on resale value or should still change to Blueor Grey to be on the safer side?

D4B2398B-6E5A-4A2B-B4F0-D69B24AB9E4C.jpeg

9A3F0257-E86C-4D36-BC66-4508B745369A.jpeg

29B78AFB-1815-4A56-BA5E-7C5BF9708EC4.jpeg

2C4C9218-A72B-43D9-8826-70CE97D3E28C.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links