Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello! Maybe the question has been asked before but I'm having trouble deciphering all of the info and deciding if it is truly relevant to my situation!  I have lost the only key I had for this car.  I am wondering if its possible to buy the replacement casing and blank key from Amazon/Ebay and have it programmed and cut.  Are there any suggestions or things I should know before I proceed?

• Sad 1

Sorry, but I would imagine that the only way to get a key programmed without having the Master key, would be to take it to a Lexus dealer along with proof of ownership, the V5 document, and proof of your ID (drivers license & passport). Hopefully someone else will chip in with an easier way.

As a warning to all those out there with only 1 key, get another one cut/programmed now. If you lose your only key it's gonna cost!

• Like 2

The key is linked through the security system on the car and will be set when the car was first built.

If there have been any modifications they will be held in the Lexus database this is why you will have to resort to using them to supply another key. You might be covered by your insurance for the cost of replacement which I have to warn you is very expensive.

• Like 1