Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I''ve been looking into this for a while, from what I gathered once upon a time you couldn't LPG convert a direct injection vehicle. However modern systems like PRINS can do this and I have seen around 3 LPG Converted IS250's in the wild. I'd take it to a reputable place, one place a member on the forum recommended was these guys.

http://lpgc.co.uk/index_files/Page743.htm

I'm going to see how the fuel situation is and if its still bad next year I will bite the bullet and get a conversion done. 

It seems that Chrome and Bitdefender are complaining about the web address above. All it is, is that the certificate has run out and the domain host hasn't renewed it, but I can vouch for the guy at LPGC and I trust him implicitly.

Try Firefox, which still complains about the out of date certificate but lets you carry on to http://lpgc.co.uk/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Herbie said:

It seems that Chrome and Bitdefender are complaining about the web address above. All it is, is that the certificate has run out and the domain host hasn't renewed it, but I can vouch for the guy at LPGC and I trust him implicitly.

Try Firefox, which still complains about the out of date certificate but lets you carry on to http://lpgc.co.uk/

Haha thanks for providing the alternate link Herbie! I run Safari myself so explains why the website works perfectly for me 

• Like 1

I've also researched this and believe that fitting LPG on an IS250 is either:

a) Not possible due to the direct injection.

b) Not worth the potential direct injection solution. 

I've been told there are some ways of using a 30/70 petrol/gas ratio, but the installation price would be quite high and you would still be burning petrol.

I think fitting LPG on an IS350 is possible, shame it's only for the US market.

This topic came around few times in the past. The answer is - no, IS250 cannot be run on LPG. In other hand it is good that it can't, because it honestly would not benefit from LPG.

In general LPG is beneficial on the cars without direct injection, so not only it is benefiting from cheaper fuel, but as well from more modern injection. However, if the car is already DI, then the price of the fuel alone does not save enough to pay for the LPG kit. IS250 is already fuel efficient car and adding LPG is pointless.