Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Fold Mirrors

Wardair

Is it possible to get the power fold mirrors to fold when the car is locked by the remote?

As a new owner of a 2007 SC430 I am still getting to know how everything works.

22 hours ago, b4u2 said:

Have you checked the owners manual?

It's always a good idea!

The owners manual (page 148) only refers to folding the mirrors using the button on the dash board. I was wondering if auto folding the mirrors on locking was one of the Lexus Personalised Settings that can only be done by a dealer?

From the two response so far I am guessing I have either read the wrong section of the owners manual or it is not possible?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wardair said:

The owners manual (page 148) only refers to folding the mirrors using the button on the dash board. I was wondering if auto folding the mirrors on locking was one of the Lexus Personalised Settings that can only be done by a dealer?

From the two response so far I am guessing I have either read the wrong section of the owners manual or it is not possible?

If it is an available personalised setting it would be listed in the Customisations section in the handbook.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 5:18 PM, b4u2 said:

Have you checked the owners manual?

It's always a good idea!

Thanks NEMESISUK,

There is no Customisations section in the owners manual.

I have found the Personalised settings sheet on the  Australian Lexus Owners site https://au.lexusownersclub.com/ . This shows many remote activation settings for locks and lights etc but cannot find Power Fold Mirrors on the list.

So has anyone modified their car to do this (I guess I could add a relay)?

Lexus_Personalised_Settings_SC430.pdf

• Like 1

It was a standard feature on the older Soarer but I don't think it was offered on the later UZZ40....unless there is a setting in Techstream. 

Yes if it's important, it's probably just a case of installing a control box/relay to auto-fold them on acc or ignition.

I wonder if the LS or GS from the same year has a relay/control that could be added fairly easily? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neil E said:

It was a standard feature on the older Soarer but I don't think it was offered on the later UZZ40....unless there is a setting in Techstream. 

Yes if it's important, it's probably just a case of installing a control box/relay to auto-fold them on acc or ignition.

I wonder if the LS or GS from the same year has a relay/control that could be added fairly easily? 

Thanks Neil E.

Strange they took the option away on the SC430. Yes I was thinking the same thing but instead adding the relay to the door lock circuit. it is a momentary press on the manual dashboard switch so only a short pulse is needed to close the mirrors when the doors lock. I have downloaded some wiring diagrams and will start checking the door lock cct signals now to see if one can be used.

• Like 1

Well done Martin,

Your tenacity is impressive, as initially this feed you started was going nowhere fast

The power folding of mirrors when locking the car sounds brilliant and would be definitely worth doing when you have sorted the clever bit!

Anthony 

16 hours ago, Wardair said:

Thanks Neil E.

Strange they took the option away on the SC430. Yes I was thinking the same thing but instead adding the relay to the door lock circuit. it is a momentary press on the manual dashboard switch so only a short pulse is needed to close the mirrors when the doors lock. I have downloaded some wiring diagrams and will start checking the door lock cct signals now to see if one can be used.

That sounds like a plan.👍

It's still a very fine chariot but Toyota/Lexus downgraded the SC430 from the earlier Soarer to 'GS' level. It gained the folding roof for the sunshine states but lost the LS level of comfort, trim and gadgets. The higher specified Soarers had auto-folding, ultrasonic mirrors. 

13 minutes ago, Neil E said:

That sounds like a plan.👍

It's still a very fine chariot but Toyota/Lexus downgraded the SC430 from the earlier Soarer to 'GS' level. It gained the folding roof for the sunshine states but lost the LS level of comfort, trim and gadgets. The higher specified Soarers had auto-folding, ultrasonic mirrors. 

For a downgraded model the SC430 has a lot of amazing standard features that many other cars of the same era didn't have. tbh I am very impressed and I am not easily impressed!

I will get on with the project and provide feedback in due course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Well done Martin,

Your tenacity is impressive, as initially this feed you started was going nowhere fast

The power folding of mirrors when locking the car sounds brilliant and would be definitely worth doing when you have sorted the clever bit!

Anthony 

Thanks Anthony, yes the first two 'owners manual' replies were a bit disappointing tbh.

I think the ability to fold on lock gives you a clear visual signal that doors are locked and of course stops them getting damaged. Having had to replace one on my RX some time back I know how expensive they are!

• Like 2

I am currently in Lexus Leeds, my car is in for a small service, lexus spring clean, brake fluid flush and change and they are also going to hopefully go into the vehicles settings and switch on the automatic mirror folding on locking!

The staff are all fantastic without exception and always make me feel like a valued customer!

20220411_103606.thumb.jpg.e098d0ce001876578cbfdb3d07dc9ec9.jpg

16 minutes ago, Lexiguy said:

I am currently in Lexus Leeds, my car is in for a small service, lexus spring clean, brake fluid flush and change and they are also going to hopefully go into the vehicles settings and switch on the automatic mirror folding on locking!

The staff are all fantastic without exception and always make me feel like a valued customer!

20220411_103606.thumb.jpg.e098d0ce001876578cbfdb3d07dc9ec9.jpg

I find none of those chairs are comfortable. In Chester and in Poole recently I chose to avoid them. If only VOLVO did Reception seating !🤣

39 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I find none of those chairs are comfortable. In Chester and in Poole recently I chose to avoid them. If only VOLVO did Reception seating !🤣

Hi Roy

That's why we always sit in these ones!!! 

UPDATE, been informed that they are unable to alter the settings to automatically fold because the vehicle is too old and their equipment does not recognise the codes to alter the settings!

Over to you Martin!!

Anthony

On 4/11/2022 at 11:57 AM, Lexiguy said:

Hi Roy

That's why we always sit in these ones!!! 

UPDATE, been informed that they are unable to alter the settings to automatically fold because the vehicle is too old and their equipment does not recognise the codes to alter the settings!

Over to you Martin!!

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Well that is good to know and thanks for trying as I was planning to visit my local dealer. Did they indicate that it was possible if they had the right kit? I don't want to start modifications only to find it is a simple factory setting.

Tried looking at the secret menu on the sat nav screen but it looks like there are no settings just vehicle diagnostics and fault records.

Also currently trying to get a audio interface connection working (my radio is a P3933 with a 20 pin connector). But that challenge is for another thread.

ATB

Martin

• Like 1

Hi Martin

In fairness they did allude to the fact that their equipment may be too new to support adjustments on the SC430 but I did not know how to follow that up as they could not offer any more than that.

Maybe you could glean more information from your local Lexus dealer if they have a guy who has been around a while and knows what he is talking about?

I still remain hopeful that it is possible and someone may be able to help us.

Anthony

I would like to be wrong but it seems unlikely to me as the Soarer and the LS models had physical switches for it. If the SC430 has the option why would they not include a button? I haven't seen it on my OBD reader but I will connect Techstream when I have a chance and report back. 

14 hours ago, Neil E said:

I would like to be wrong but it seems unlikely to me as the Soarer and the LS models had physical switches for it. If the SC430 has the option why would they not include a button? I haven't seen it on my OBD reader but I will connect Techstream when I have a chance and report back. 

Hi Neil E,

My car has a dash button to fold the mirrors. The other cars I have with auto power fold capability allow you to fold the mirrors manually via buttons to get through a narrow gap.

Nothing on my OBD (iCarSoft JP V2.0) either. Hope your Techstream check finds something, if not the I will start checking the door lock signals to see if I can do something with a mod.

Martin

• Like 1

Hi Neil

I would agree with Martin that my SC has a button to fold them in manually and, I have had several cars that they fold on locking but still have a manual overide button.

It would be great if we could find a way that this function could be achieved because I think many SC owners would be interested.

Thanks to you both for your endeavours.

Anthony

On 4/13/2022 at 11:09 AM, Wardair said:

Hi Neil E,

My car has a dash button to fold the mirrors. The other cars I have with auto power fold capability allow you to fold the mirrors manually via buttons to get through a narrow gap.

Nothing on my OBD (iCarSoft JP V2.0) either. Hope your Techstream check finds something, if not the I will start checking the door lock signals to see if I can do something with a mod.

Martin

My SC430 is exactly the same as your's (with regard to the folding mirror switch 🙂) If the SC430 has/had the function I would expect the buttons to be like this one for the LS with the auto position as a simple setting. 

If I can get the VCI J2534 cable drivers to work with my latest laptop, I'll try with Techstream this evening and let you know.  

image.png.f54ba06a7e96eb6ce1b80964e4ab3bea.png

• Like 1