Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 24000 miles £17,000. A new benchmark?

A lovely Mk1 but at that price it will go to someone who wants to add one to their collection and will get driven once or twice a year to a car show.
I'm sorry, but whenever I see a car or motorcycle that just hasn't been driven/ridden, I think what is the point?
Yes, I do get that other people are different and I am not condemning that mindset,.... I  just don't understand it.
I am not a collector of anything, except possibly Kawasaki GTR1000's and spare parts, and all of my vehicles get driven/ridden as regularly as possible.
Neither of my bikes have been ridden since November due to lower back problems, but the second I feel capable, they will be out and getting thrashed.

• Like 2

.....  and the advert confirms it's a really genuine DHP too ...  then it will be a rarity for sure  .....  most " DHP " car adverts seemingly no nowt about the genine DHP turnout from brand new at a Lexus Main Dealer ......  and simply aren't !

Be great to view the piccys when they arrive:thumbsup:

Malc

LS400 24000 miles £17,000. A new benchmark?

This is apparently appearing at 

South Western Auctions on April 29th    guide £ 16,995

so doubtless we will see just how much it's going to make in the " real world " of stupendous colectable Ls400s 

if at actually sells eh !  😉

Classics World send me weekly or so emails and this has just appeared today

Malc

Just viewed this far and it’s in poor condition. Had an accident in the rear, bumper paint mismatched and rear lights misaligned. 
Front bumper looks like it’s been off and misaligned.

Carpets inside matted, generally worn all over. 
Engine bay, lots of rust.

On the test drive it was very crashy.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 11:42 AM, Malc said:

why on earth hide the regn no. ???

No one can check MOTs etc without it ...  makes one think the owner/seller is trying to hide summat unsavoury !

Malc

1 hour ago, MerchantOfVenice said:

Just viewed this far and it’s in poor condition. Had an accident in the rear, bumper paint mismatched and rear lights misaligned. 

sounds like not quite a time-warp - and certainly not as good as yours? - is it still as good ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

sounds like not quite a time-warp - and certainly not as good as yours? - is it still as good ?

Being humble about it, mine is in a completely different league to this. Not impressed with this one. Really poor. 
It also reinforced my opinion that the mk3 was the best built ls400 by far…

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 2:51 PM, MerchantOfVenice said:

Which car was this, the 1998 DHP 31k miles which is now for sale at Kass Classics?

On 4/18/2022 at 6:13 PM, MerchantOfVenice said:

It also reinforced my opinion that the mk3 was the best built ls400 by far…

I agree apart from the mk4 has the common rust issues sorted at the bottom of the rear arches that the mk3 has/can have. The mk4 though can suffer in a different area on the rear inner wing at the boot end though which if left will be terminal for the car, I have seen some bad ones. The mk3 rear arch rust issue can be sorted easier than the mk4 rust issues on the inner wings in my opinion.
The mk3 is the best looking I think though. I wanted another mk3 but ended up with a mk4 because I couldn't find a good mk3 within my price range.
I still look for any good mk3's for sale, if a good one comes up which isn't silly money I would consider buying it then decide what to do with the mk4 I have. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Razor61 said:

Which car was this, the 1998 DHP 31k miles which is now for sale at Kass Classics?

I agree apart from the mk4 has the common rust issues sorted at the bottom of the rear arches that the mk3 has/can have. The mk4 though can suffer in a different area on the rear inner wing at the boot end though which if left will be terminal for the car, I have seen some bad ones. The mk3 rear arch rust issue can be sorted easier than the mk4 rust issues on the inner wings in my opinion.
The mk3 is the best looking I think though. I wanted another mk3 but ended up with a mk4 because I couldn't find a good mk3 within my price range.
I still look for any good mk3's for sale, if a good one comes up which isn't silly money I would consider buying it then decide what to do with the mk4 I have. 

Yes Paul - we are reffering to the car at Kass Classics

13 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Yes Paul - we are referring to the car at Kass Classics

Thanks Mark and I am surprised. I shouldn't be surprised though judging by the LS400's I looked at that were described as being excellent, as new or something similar. Reality was very different when I looked at them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Razor61 said:

Thanks Mark and I am surprised. I shouldn't be surprised though judging by the LS400's I looked at that were described as being excellent, as new or something similar. Reality was very different when I looked at them.

Consider reporting such sellers to their Local Trading Standards Office.

1 minute ago, Razor61 said:

Reality was very different when I looked at them.

methinks that buying a " used " car with a few 000 miles will always show some signs of wear and tear . simply coz it's been on the road let alone if it's been used " normally " rather than thinking it to be cossetted by the wishful thinking seller / owner

These older cars could also be summat of a  " good buy "  if one's happy to accept a few gnarls and swirls and bodywork curls and a higher but quite acceptable well looked after serviced miles ....  but at a sensible price 

I'm always thinking these wonderful cars of ours are there to be used and it's a shame not to get the full benefit of driving such amazing cars for as long as one can :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

Just now, Malc said:

methinks that buying a " used " car with a few 000 miles will always show some signs of wear and tear . simply coz it's been on the road let alone if it's been used " normally " rather than thinking it to be cossetted by the wishful thinking seller / owner

These older cars could also be summat of a  " good buy "  if one's happy to accept a few gnarls and swirls and bodywork curls and a higher but quite acceptable well looked after serviced miles ....  but at a sensible price 

I'm always thinking these wonderful cars of ours are there to be used and it's a shame not to get the full benefit of driving such amazing cars for as long as one can :wink3:

Malc

Morning Malc. Just had to fit a new Alternator on the heavily battered bodied Merc after 19 years and 252,000 miles! Had it been a Hybrid Lexus, there would have been no Alternator to fail eh ?

Keep Posting.👍👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Had it been a Hybrid Lexus

would be amazing to see one of these at 19 years young and 252k miles eh !

methinks there will be some huge issues in that sort of extended anticipated lifespan of a modern hybrid car  ......  excepy maybe a Prius which as we know has amazing longevity in common normal use ...  as taxis etc ...  million miles not unheard of I believe ....  but then it is a Toyota 

Malc

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 8:06 AM, Malc said:

South Western Auctions on April 29th    guide £ 16,995

did / can anyone track this thru' ??

I didn't see it on the auction site today ............  have I missed it ?

Malc

Well guys I guess we'll never get to know what it's really really worth 

It didn't go thru' the auction on Friday .  not even unsold 

Malc

• 4 weeks later...

that original posted car is still for sale at £16995 on Classic Cars site .............

On Autoraider I'm seeing " Honest Trade Dudley " stuck with what looks like a reasonable Ls400 at £2500  ...... your thoughts please .....  he's had it for a very long time and clearly he needs some dosh at this price ( maybe ) 

Malc

Hi people just seen this thread and me and my father are now the owners of this beautiful LS400! So along with my GSF we now have this retro classic in the collection!  We’re off to pick it up first thing in the morning, had a few questions for you all, imo this is probably the cleanest LS400 in the country does anyone else know of any other LS400 in this good condition? 
I’ll be sure to put a few pictures in this thread when we collect it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GSF_REG said:

Hi people just seen this thread and me and my father are now the owners of this beautiful LS400! So along with my GSF we now have this retro classic in the collection!  We’re off to pick it up first thing in the morning, had a few questions for you all, imo this is probably the cleanest LS400 in the country does anyone else know of any other LS400 in this good condition? 
I’ll be sure to put a few pictures in this thread when we collect it!

It is the 1992 LS400 J137 DCL so excited to pick up we’ve part exed a VW up for it and paying the difference in cash, i can confirm the asking price of £16,995 has been paid, well worth it in my opinion, its going straight to lexus wolverhampton monday for full service and anything else it needs

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GSF_REG said:

It is the 1992 LS400 J137 DCL so excited to pick up we’ve part exed a VW up for it and paying the difference in cash, i can confirm the asking price of £16,995 has been paid, well worth it in my opinion, its going straight to lexus wolverhampton monday for full service and anything else it needs

If anyone wants to see my GSF and also new content on the LS400 it will all be up on my instagram @gsf_reg! Photoshoot of the new LS400 will be coming soon!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 2:25 PM, Malc said:

that original posted car is still for sale at £16995 on Classic Cars site .............

On Autoraider I'm seeing " Honest Trade Dudley " stuck with what looks like a reasonable Ls400 at £2500  ...... your thoughts please .....  he's had it for a very long time and clearly he needs some dosh at this price ( maybe ) 

Malc

https://www.dudley.gov.uk/news/second-prosecution-lands-dudley-car-trader-suspended-prison-sentence/

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links