Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tons of grits falling from hybrid battery cover

So was just having a look under the car for general conditions and I noticed some stones stuck in the holes on the hybrid Battery cover which was little odd so thought I would would pull them out and wow the amount of tiny stones and grit that kept coming out as I kept tapping on the cover. Once weather improves I will remove cover and clean it out properly. I spent a good 20mins tapping on it. Here's some photos, it was alot worse.PXL_20220409_113138508.thumb.jpg.e134a129849813b873ef24fb19024fc7.jpgPXL_20220409_113134703.thumb.jpg.1c4f72382308c722d9fea0ab3f0a936d.jpgPXL_20220409_112717338.thumb.jpg.4c5bb47a66f9e25afc2f2aa6be7cff10.jpgPXL_20220409_113300126.thumb.jpg.b76983dbb8950f547d36d5de4c63d14e.jpg

Dess

One possibility from what I have seen in my is300h

1) Does your model have the hybrid fan filter?

I have today serviced my hybrid fan/filter and found some bits in the filter.

if your model does not have the filter or the filter is damaged, some dirt can get  into the hybrid Battery casing.

When was the fan and filter ( if fitted) last checked/cleaned.

For what you show the amount of dirt is a lot to have come totally from this source unless the car has done many miles with no hybrid service.

Not sure how helpful this will be but hope you eventually get the answer.

david

On 4/9/2022 at 9:51 PM, David lings said:

Dess

One possibility from what I have seen in my is300h

1) Does your model have the hybrid fan filter?

I have today serviced my hybrid fan/filter and found some bits in the filter.

if your model does not have the filter or the filter is damaged, some dirt can get  into the hybrid battery casing.

When was the fan and filter ( if fitted) last checked/cleaned.

For what you show the amount of dirt is a lot to have come totally from this source unless the car has done many miles with no hybrid service.

Not sure how helpful this will be but hope you eventually get the answer.

david

its interesting that you mention that, when I cleaned the hybrid fan and filter a short while back I found some grit and stones in the boot which I thought was a little odd but there is a vent gap just below the fan location.  I'm going to assume the tyres are kicking the grit into the hybrid cover underneath, but still crazy to think how much debris fell out and that wasn't even a full clean. I also wonder if I will be a similar story with cvt transmission cover.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links