Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SPRINGS REPLACEMENT, IS F SPORT ONESTHE SAME AS SE-L TYPES?

ahmed-abrar

I may have asked this question before but is there any difference in the spring fitted to f sport models compared to se-l cars?

I still plan to install new shocks on my 2008 model soon & i think i will also change the springs at the same time, i don't want to go standard so will consider aftermarket options also

21 hours ago, ahmed-abrar said:

I may have asked this question before but is there any difference in the spring fitted to f sport models compared to se-l cars?

I still plan to install new shocks on my 2008 model soon & i think i will also change the springs at the same time, i don't want to go standard so will consider aftermarket options also

They are 10mm lower.. 

I'd suggest going for TEIN FLEX Z coilovers. They are £780 so way cheaper than replacement shocks & new springs.. + added adjustability. Unlike cheap coilovers, they are actually very comfortable, and with damping adjustability you can have it just as soft as factory suspension. And for the ride height, you can be as high or even a bit higher than factory suspension too, so there is really no downside.

https://coilovers.co.uk/brand/tein/tein-flex-z-coilovers-lexus-is250-gse20l-2006-2013.html

thanks for the reply,

to be fair my car has only 67k on the clock and the shocks don't show any signs of wear or leakage, however the springs do look rough as the car was originally owned by a coastal dweller so may just go for a spring & top mount change just to give car a bit of character

a 10mm drop is not to bad as i think alternatives may probably be lower but i have yet to look into those options

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update, thanks to another forum member, i picked up a set of as new Eibach springs a couple of weeks ago.

I'm gonna install them shorty with my existing shocks but will put new top mounts all round also at the same time

• 3 weeks later...

15 minutes ago, ahmed-abrar said:

true, but i think as its all being dismantled why not

No gain from getting new ones. Given the cost you're better off getting damping adjustable coilovers so you don't compronise on comfort as lowering springs on stock struts will be harsher than coils.

31 minutes ago, H3XME said:

No gain from getting new ones. Given the cost you're better off getting damping adjustable coilovers so you don't compronise on comfort as lowering springs on stock struts will be harsher than coils.

thanks, i did my enquiry's about the coilovers mentioned but to be  honest i cant justify the cost considering how little i use the car generally( 5 to choose from) ,plus  i purchased from a forum member a new set of Eibachs at about 50% of MRP plus i'm trying to secure a set of new old stock KYB's at substantial discount.

just wanna give the car a bit of character by reducing ride height

1 minute ago, ahmed-abrar said:

thanks, i did my enquiry's about the coilovers mentioned but to be  honest i cant justify the cost considering how little i use the car generally( 5 to choose from) ,plus  i purchased from a forum member a new set of Eibachs at about 50% of MRP plus i'm trying to secure a set of new old stock KYB's at substantial discount.

just wanna give the car a bit of character by reducing ride height

Fair enough. In take case just re-use the stock top mounts. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links