Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


IS250 2006 - Auto locking programming - Zero response


Recommended Posts

Hey all, new (proud) owner of an aged but still super-smooth 2006 IS250 here.

 

Long time listener, first time caller!

I have looked at numerous videos and threads regarding the auto-locking setting (as seen in the user's manual) and I followed all of the steps meticulously 10 times over (All doors shut, IG-ON, Set to P/N, Hold Lock/Unlock for 4s/5s/6s/7s/etc.) and my car doesn't seem to respond to any of it at all in any way. 

The auto-lock feature is currently entirely turned off and I would like to set it to either D = lock or move = lock and P = unlock or to be fair at this point I would like to set it to anything just so I know the programming actually works.

When I follow all the steps in all the ways you can possibly try them - the car does absolutely nothing.

Also annoyingly I have it set so if I lock from inside and come out using driver's door then all other doors remain closed...

 

I would love any tip at this point as I'm going a little bit crazy with the amount of things I have tried in this regard but fully open to the idea that I'm just an absolute block head.

 

Thanks!

______

Some of the things I have tried multiple times (every time I'm bored and want to sit in my car again which is a lot):

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just checking...have you tried driving off after going through the process?

My car does this (automatically locks), but only once you reach a certain speed - like 12-15MPH. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey 

22 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Just checking...have you tried driving off after going through the process?

My car does this (automatically locks), but only once you reach a certain speed - like 12-15MPH. 

Hey, I love all checking!

Yeah I have tried to program it on several different occasions (and drove the car many times inbeween), there is still no autolock. When I input the sequence the car doesn't lock-then-unlock as shown on the videos and threads, it just does nothing asif it's not responding to the commands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Auto locking was a feature then it was abandoned due to safety reasons (people couldn't get out if there was a crash), then it was reinstated later on, presumably after the safety aspect had been addressed.

I don't know if this applies to all models and variants or not, but the point is that there was a period of time when this facility wasn't available - maybe your car is from that time and it's just not available to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Herbie said:

Auto locking was a feature then it was abandoned due to safety reasons (people couldn't get out if there was a crash), then it was reinstated later on, presumably after the safety aspect had been addressed.

I don't know if this applies to all models and variants or not, but the point is that there was a period of time when this facility wasn't available - maybe your car is from that time and it's just not available to you.

Oh that's very interesting, would've been lovely if Lexus made a mention of it in the manual! 

My car is a 56 plate, I'm going to have to do some research on this regard. Thanks for this info! I don't think I would've ever stumbled upon this nugget on my own! 

I'm currently wrestling with Techstream, once that works (if it does) hopefully I'll be able to confirm this for good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could be wrong but I believe you may need Toyota tech stream to enable options like this, my 2010 IS250 F Sport does the auto locking when you reach a certain speed and perhaps when you put it into Park it unlocks the car.

If that is the case you'd need to get one of those OBD VCI cables to plug into the vehicle as well as a windows laptop, if you'd rather not part with £40/50 for one of those you're welcome to pop down and use mine haha. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, McShmoopy said:

I could be wrong but I believe you may need Toyota tech stream to enable options like this, my 2010 IS250 F Sport does the auto locking when you reach a certain speed and perhaps when you put it into Park it unlocks the car.

If that is the case you'd need to get one of those OBD VCI cables to plug into the vehicle as well as a windows laptop, if you'd rather not part with £40/50 for one of those you're welcome to pop down and use mine haha. 

Got one for £30 off eBay a few days ago with genuine software and a cracked version of the latest v16, I'm struggling with the drivers at the moment (classic unable to connect to vim error) but the eBay seller is extremely helpful and is going to walk me through it tonight but if I can't figure it out by the end of the week I'll be in your DMs mate haha! 

If anyone stumbled upon this message looking for the mini VCI send me a private message I have a fantastic seller who goes above and beyond to get it working for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Auto locking wasn’t available on the 2IS until the 08 models. It can’t be enabled on models before then, even with Techstream. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine is a 07 make and has the autolock feature. I've programmed it both via the gear knob and lock button, as well as Techstream.

Current setting is lock at 15 mph and unlock when in park or when opening driver side door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AntC said:

Mine is a 07 make and has the autolock feature. I've programmed it both via the gear knob and lock button, as well as Techstream.

Current setting is lock at 15 mph and unlock when in park or when opening driver side door.

We have an August 07 model and I have tried multiple times to program it via the gear knob and button method and it doesn’t work. I’m sure there is a thread on here from years ago stating that it is not possible, but clearly that’s not the case if yours has it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing I can think of is that this may be an additional feature that you can purchase when ordering the car, however, I'm not sure if that's the case.

I can confirm that the feature is present in my 2IS. The only one that is not even available in Techstream is the Headlight delay function that allows you to keep headlights on for some time when leaving the car. Mine is currently set to turn of headlights when you turn off the car and open the driver side door and there is no option to change this.

Would appreciate if anyone knows anything about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, F.A. said:

We have an August 07 model and I have tried multiple times to program it via the gear knob and button method and it doesn’t work. I’m sure there is a thread on here from years ago stating that it is not possible, but clearly that’s not the case if yours has it 

That's same as my 06, no reaction to any of the programming sequences. 

 

16 minutes ago, AntC said:

The only thing I can think of is that this may be an additional feature that you can purchase when ordering the car, however, I'm not sure if that's the case.

I can confirm that the feature is present in my 2IS. The only one that is not even available in Techstream is the Headlight delay function that allows you to keep headlights on for some time when leaving the car. Mine is currently set to turn of headlights when you turn off the car and open the driver side door and there is no option to change this.

Would appreciate if anyone knows anything about this.

I only just started playing with techstream and I'm not sure if it's working correctly as so far the only thing I'm able to access personalisation wise is the aircon settings. But that's an issue for another day and another forum (plsnoban!). 

 

I'm considering taking my car to one of the Toyota specialists like Osaka or ITS for them to have a proper look (they use Techstream). 

Will post results here! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, AntC said:

The only thing I can think of is that this may be an additional feature that you can purchase when ordering the car, however, I'm not sure if that's the case.

I can confirm that the feature is present in my 2IS. The only one that is not even available in Techstream is the Headlight delay function that allows you to keep headlights on for some time when leaving the car. Mine is currently set to turn of headlights when you turn off the car and open the driver side door and there is no option to change this.

Would appreciate if anyone knows anything about this.

You definitely couldn’t specify this when ordering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Join The Club

    Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

  • Topics

  • Our picks

    • 10 years of Lexus design: from spindle grille to spindle body
      After 10 years as a defining style feature of every new Lexus model, the famous spindle grille is undergoing a transformation. In tune with a new era of electrified vehicles, the distinctive shape is evolving into a new “spindle body,” as seen on the upcoming new generation Lexus RX SUV and the all-electric RZ.

      The spindle grille has been an unmistakeable Lexus feature since it was first revealed on the LF-Gh concept model of 2011, the basis for the fourth generation GS executive saloon that was launched the following year. Since then, it has been constantly adapted to suit the character of each successive Lexus model, with different mesh patterns, dimensions and finishes.


      Speaking at the time of the grille’s debut, the then Head of Lexus Kiyotake Ise said: “You should be able to identify a car as a Lexus immediately… Instant visual recognition, for example, is the reason behind our spindle grille. It may look aggressive at first glance, that’s intentional, but it also conveys its boldness with sophistication and elegance.”


      It has progressed to become a hallmark expression of Lexus’s L-finesse design, adopted not only for road-going cars, but also incorporated in the futuristic Skyjet spacecraft created for the Lexus-supported movie Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets and adopted as a design motif in the Loft, the award-winning Lexus and Brussels Airlines lounge at Brussels Airport.


      Today, the original grille concept is the starting point for a more radical application of the spindle shape in which it becomes an integral part of the vehicle’s overall design. This “spindle body” approach is part of the Lexus Next Chapter design for the all-new RX, where the grille is reinterpreted as a seamless unit that flows into the bodywork. The lower section retains a mesh pattern, while the upper section takes in the lower edge of the bonnet; the Lexus emblems sits at the centre of the spindle’s high pinch-point.


      The same concept has been applied to the RZ 450e. As a battery electric vehicle, this requires less cooling than a car with a conventional engine, so the grille has been dispensed with, giving the designers greater freedom. Nonetheless, the spindle shape remains prominent in a central front panel, finished in the car’s body colour. Its impact is heightened by the adjacent frontal areas being contrast-finished in black, the low bonnet line and more boldly shaped front wings.

      On both models, the spindle generates lines that flow back from the front of the car through the bonnet and headlamp units to create a strong and distinctive frontal appearance, reinforcing the brand-defining ambitions of the original concept.
      • 0 replies
    • Lexus joins the UK’s Motability Scheme with the new UX 250h F Sport Design
      From this week, people with mobility needs will be able to access a Lexus vehicle through the UK’s Motability Scheme
      • 0 replies
    • All-New Lexus RX to star at the Venice International Film Festival
      Festival to attract world-renowned actors, celebrities and creatives to the Lido di Venezia from 31 August to 10 September 2022
      • 0 replies
    • The all-new Lexus RZ: powerful design rooted in electrified performance
      Lexus maintains its status as a design innovator in creating a radical look for its all-new, all-electric RZ that directly interprets the SUV’s power and performance
      • 0 replies
    • Lexus guide to interesting EV charging locations off the motorway
      With the Great British holiday getaway on the horizon, drivers of BEVs (battery electric vehicles) will be considering where to recharge on their journey.  While motorway service stations are an obvious choice, Lexus has researched some more interesting alternative locations
      • 0 replies


×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership