Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement for ISF

I really need to replace my current pair of cars (ISF & D3) and just have one. It needs to take the family and the large dog (GSD)

My thoughts are Jaguar XFRS estate or Merc E63 AMG estate. Both have large V8 engines and good carrying capacity. 

I don't want a SUV or anything hybrid. 

Not keen on the Audi RS6 

Anything I should consider not mentioned above?

40 minutes ago, Charliecloud said:

I really need to replace my current pair of cars (ISF & D3) and just have one. It needs to take the family and the large dog (GSD)

My thoughts are Jaguar XFRS estate or Merc E63 AMG estate. Both have large V8 engines and good carrying capacity. 

I don't want a SUV or anything hybrid. 

Not keen on the Audi RS6 

Anything I should consider not mentioned above?

Budget?

In the same boat regarding the GSD, when the Mrs is at school and I'm off, he doesn't go in the F, trying to source a dog-mobile!

I've been looking at Volvo V60 Polestar, 2014-2016 has 3L six cylinder and 2017 onwards has a twincharged 2L 4pot, mid to high 300hp range, so plenty of punch. Weighing up the pros and cons of each engine, as well as trying to find some within reasonable distance to test drive. I like non-mainstream cars. As above, what is the rough budget and maybe some more sensible offers could be made 😄

Unless you're fairly hands on, avoid the Jag. Its extremely high maintenance and painful to work on.

E63 and CLS63 AMG are a good shout, Id expect them to be more reliable overall compared to the Jag. 

540i X-drive touring is another option. Quick, inline 6 and comfortable at the same time.

21 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Unless you're fairly hands on, avoid the Jag. Its extremely high maintenance and painful to work on.

E63 and CLS63 AMG are a good shout, Id expect them to be more reliable overall compared to the Jag. 

540i X-drive touring is another option. Quick, inline 6 and comfortable at the same time.

I thought he was only looking for v8s, but that BM's B58 engine in the 40i is a gem. 

1 hour ago, ironrose said:

I thought he was only looking for v8s, but that BM's B58 engine in the 40i is a gem. 

Doesn't say specifically V8. Just says both e63 and xfrs are v8s

Thanks chaps - I am only looking at V8s and from what I have seen in the reviews i think it will be a 2015 - 2017 E63 AMG.

If I can get a deal with a good Independent garage that has a car I want and will forecourt the ISF then thats what I will do.  The remaining warranty till July 2023 on the ISF should help.

@Charliecloud

I see you mentioned you’d prefer to deal with an indie, I as have others from this very forum bought performance cars from an Independent dealership near me and their reputation is second to none. I have no connection other than being a very satisfied customer, take a look at them they actually have a E63 Wagon in stock, but if not the one they will source you one to your exact spec.

I have contact details of the sales guy I’ve dealt with if you want to pm me….

Anyway they are called Mpowercars.co.uk  based near Bristol.

🐀

• Like 1