Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New ES Takumi Owner

Tony787

Hello everybody. I collected my new ES Takumi last week - so far, so good apart from little niggles like drivers seat memory doesn't work, no explanation of the car at handover so don't know how to download videos etc. from dashcams plus other minor niggles.

Dealer has been 'OK', but after agreeing to purchase the vehicle, the salesperson left and I was not assigned to anybody else. I only found out when I chased a progress report on the car. I was then assigned another sales person who is also leaving so there is no continuity. It doesn't quite sit right for a luxury car dealership.

Here's hoping the ownership of the ES makes up for the deficiencies in the purchasing chain - it's a lovely car.

Tony

Very unfortunate with the staff situation which could perhaps have been handled better with maybe a courtesy call to keep you in the picture, an introduction to the replacement salesperson and a gesture of goodwill at handover.

What was the time period between ordering and actual handover?

1 hour ago, Tony787 said:

Hello everybody. I collected my new ES Takumi last week - so far, so good apart from little niggles like drivers seat memory doesn't work, no explanation of the car at handover so don't know how to download videos etc. from dashcams plus other minor niggles.

Dealer has been 'OK', but after agreeing to purchase the vehicle, the salesperson left and I was not assigned to anybody else. I only found out when I chased a progress report on the car. I was then assigned another sales person who is also leaving so there is no continuity. It doesn't quite sit right for a luxury car dealership.

Here's hoping the ownership of the ES makes up for the deficiencies in the purchasing chain - it's a lovely car.

Tony

Tony,

I saw a metallic blue ES in the dealer yesterday whilst getting a puncture repaired and it does look a fantastic vehicle.

Very odd of the seat memory does not work. Are you sure you are storing the setting correctly? Hold down "set" and press the number you want to store the position in. It should beep when you do that.

Paul

1 hour ago, Tony787 said:

Tony

Which Lexus Dealership is that Tony ?

Seat memory issue is now solved! The seats had not been moved to the full extent of travel in all directions. Without that the seat has a bit of a 'hissy fit' when you try to save settings. All my settings are now stored and working