Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just had my Mot on my 2000 Mk 4 and It failed on  some suspension issues.  I managed to get a Lower Suspension Ball Joint from the main Dealer ( Ouch!) but they have stopped supplying the Various supension Bushes.

I found a company in Bournemouth, Relsters Ltd ( Problem Solving Bushings) who came up with the goods.

So another years lease of life for "The Magic Carpet" !

• Like 1

Are they poly or black rubber?

I was going to try the Febest ones, they confirmed the LS430 Track Control Arm bushes are fluid filled as per ,now obsolete ,Original lexus part.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124112815511?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=b3oxXcxxTYG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=gvvL2dQVQ3y&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

3 hours ago, moonraker58 said:

I found a company in Bournemouth, Relsters Ltd ( Problem Solving Bushings) who came up with the goods.

HAS your garage / mechanic thought to use Amayama or Rockauto for parts ?

Malc

....  and further thinking .  it's quite probable that much or most Ls400 spares have been removed from sale by Lexus Main Dealers for some years due to car's obsolesence and negligible Parts Dept sales for these cars :unsure:

Malc

I read somewhere,( Perhaps on this forum) of a man who worked for Lexus when the LS400 first came out,in charge of dealing with Warranty claims.

He quit the job out of boredom,as he spent his days with his feet on the desk,reading the paper. He had nothing to do!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moonraker58 said:

I read somewhere,( Perhaps on this forum) of a man who worked for Lexus when the LS400 first came out,in charge of dealing with Warranty claims.

He quit the job out of boredom,as he spent his days with his feet on the desk,reading the paper. He had nothing to do!

Do you know if this position is still vacant? Happy to bring my own desk and newspaper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, moonraker58 said:

So another years lease of life for "The Magic Carpet" !

Have you replaced the bushes on the car with the PSB bushes yet? I'm interested to know what the ride etc is like with the PSB bushes compared to the original rubber bushes.

Be interested to here experience of using PSB bushes. 

I would expect it would firm up the ride a little and possbly increase road noice a little.

I have a few more bushes in need of sorting, but to date my local garage has always been able to get rubber bushes (bit of a wait) and appear to be not a lot more than Amayama, but they did not reveal their source.