Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2022 NX Sat Nav

Almost everything with my new 450h+ F-Sport is perfect but for a couple of very frustrating little issues with the Sat Nav, which I'm sure are just me being an idiot. I cannot work out any way of tagging contacts. I can search on a full postal address and add that address to my favourites, but I can find no way to tag it with a name. It's going to be wearisome searching through 100+ postal addresses/post codes as opposed to just searching for say 'Doug'. Has anybody found a way to add contact names to the satnav favourites and associate it with their address?

I also cannot link Navibridge to my car, which is one possible way to get around the previous problem. Even though my Android phone is linked via Bluetooth to the car, the Navibridge app will not connect to the car. Has anybody got this working?

1. No idea, but then again I tend to know where my friends live. If not, a quick text/WhatsApp/email message to them will usually get their postcode within a couple of minutes. If you do find a way of doing what you want, please post back with how you did it so that it may help others 🙂

2. Not sure what Navibridge is but your car will be equipped with Android Auto, I would have thought. Using that may be a better bet, I don't know.

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

1. No idea, but then again I tend to know where my friends live. If not, a quick text/WhatsApp/email message to them will usually get their postcode within a couple of minutes. If you do find a way of doing what you want, please post back with how you did it so that it may help others 🙂

2. Not sure what Navibridge is but your car will be equipped with Android Auto, I would have thought. Using that may be a better bet, I don't know.

Navbridge is an app that sends a destination from your smartphone to your car's navigation unit. It doesn't score well in the reviews (2.9) but I guess at least some of the negative ones are because the user tried it with a car that has an incompatible nav unit. Not all cars will accept the input from Navbridge. Never used it personally - yet. Still waiting for my car to be delivered!

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

Navbridge is an app that sends a destination from your smartphone to your car's navigation unit

Aha, right, cheers.

12 hours ago, Gureamu said:

Almost everything with my new 450h+ F-Sport is perfect but for a couple of very frustrating little issues with the Sat Nav, which I'm sure are just me being an idiot. I cannot work out any way of tagging contacts. I can search on a full postal address and add that address to my favourites, but I can find no way to tag it with a name. It's going to be wearisome searching through 100+ postal addresses/post codes as opposed to just searching for say 'Doug'. Has anybody found a way to add contact names to the satnav favourites and associate it with their address?

I also cannot link Navibridge to my car, which is one possible way to get around the previous problem. Even though my Android phone is linked via bluetooth to the car, the Navibridge app will not connect to the car. Has anybody got this working?

See this manual, sorry couldn't find it in English: https://navicon.com/user/support/carnavi/pdf/toyota_mop04_a.pdf?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Make sure you pick the right Bluetooth transmission profile on the car to get it to connect. That seems to be a common stumbling block.

As for your first question, you can change the name of an input destination, well I can on my 2021 ES, by clicking on the pencil icon or when saving for the first time. You just need to delete the suggested name. I haven't seen a way to tag it to a phone contact though.

• Like 1

Ok so here's what I found. I tried two phones, both are supposed to support SPP, which the app requires. Neither phone connects to the car with the SPP profile. If you check system info on the headunit menu it shows SPP is supported by the headunit, but if you check device info for your connected phone, again through the headunit's menus it will show all the profiles except SPP, which is greyed out.

@Gureamu could you please check on yours? System and device info will be under the Bluetooth menu

I did find a way though to use contact addresses. In navigation if you have addresses saved in your phonebook, you can select them as a destination from the contacts button on the left side of the nav screen. What you can't do is input a destination on the nav and save it to a contact.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, peniole said:

Ok so here's what I found. I tried two phones, both are supposed to support SPP, which the app requires. Neither phone connects to the car with the SPP profile. If you check system info on the headunit menu it shows SPP is supported by the headunit, but if you check device info for your connected phone, again through the headunit's menus it will show all the profiles except SPP, which is greyed out.

@Gureamu could you please check on yours? System and device info will be under the bluetooth menu

I did find a way though to use contact addresses. In navigation if you have addresses saved in your phonebook, you can select them as a destination from the contacts button on the left side of the nav screen. What you can't do is input a destination on the nav and save it to a contact.

Thanks peniole - I'll give these a try tomorrow.