Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power tailgate temperamental

Has anyone experienced temperamental issues with 2017 NX300 fsport power tailgate. 
one minute it opens fully then other times it only opens a few inches and I have to keep hitting the button or push it manually. 
Dealer ship have said it needs new hydraulics at a cost £2000 🤦‍♀️ But I’m wondering if there is a simple explanation or cheap fix? 
thanks 

Try cleaning/lubricating the top hinges to reduce the effort needed (a bit of WD40 and open/close the boot manually a few times). Not sure if it is possible to lubricate the power struts themselves as I think they are covered/sealed.

Would this not be covered under Lexus Relax warranty? The tailgate struts are explicitly stated as being covered so your dealer should fix FOC.

If it turns out you aren't covered under warranty then purchase aftermarket struts, don't give Lexus £2k.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003494723407.html

I couldn’t get mine to work (new NX) at first, then discovered if you stand right in the middle at the number plate press either of the two buttons, wait for the beep and then step back and walk away it works just fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links