Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Total loss - Glass's guide valuation

AlexB

Hi,

It's a bit of a long shot but wondered if anybody here had access to the Glass's guide? According to the Glass's website it seems you cannot access it directly unless you are a business.

I would like to verify the Glass's price of my IS250 that was recently determined a total loss due to storm damage.

Thanks

Alex

from my past experiences of Glass's Guide as a car dealer many years past I doubt you would ever get a specific " true " up to the minute valuation of your car

Times might have changed tho'

Total Loss depends on so many negotiating points on your specific car .....  I would suggest you get a rough idea of market price from Autotrader etc and work from that point  ...  you upwards and they downwards I'm sure

refurbished wheels definitley do NOT get incuded in my experience a couple of years ago on my car that is now a Cat N  .  an irrelevance .  the car has to have wheels and satisfactory tyres .  even if they are brand spanking new or just on the " edge "

maybe you would wish to pay your own costs for an independent assessor .....  I'm sure there are those about somewhere too

Total Loss .......... means ( maybe ?? )  it is irretrievably goinng to the scrapper in my thoughts and the insurers too no doubt 

and then there's the storage fees since the storm damage ... make sure you don't get liable for those if the negotiations take too long to settle 

Good Luck in your investigations and negotiations 

do keep us posted

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Hi,

It's a bit of a long shot but wondered if anybody here had access to the Glass's guide? According to the Glass's website it seems you cannot access it directly unless you are a business.

I would like to verify the Glass's price of my IS250 that was recently determined a total loss due to storm damage.

Thanks

Alex

You can go on Auto Trader and do a free valuation aswell.

Thanks for the info, I've already hit the end of any negotiations over valuation with the insurers. The Glass's guide price they are sticking by is lower than every online valuation service I have tried, and significantly lower than AutoTrader list prices. So I was hoping to be able to get access to Glass's myself in order to check what range of prices it provides and what inputs it allows.

Does the valuation cover the cost of replacing the car, like for like? That is, can you find a vehicle advertised for sale at that valuation? That surely has to be the 'acid' test of market value?

27 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Does the valuation cover the cost of replacing the car, like for like? That is, can you find a vehicle advertised for sale at that valuation? That surely has to be the 'acid' test of market value?

You would think so but even on the Financial Ombudsman website it says they don't normally use adverts to decide whether a valuation is fair.

we have no ideas of your insurer BUT I do know that the specific insurer can be an absolute ***** or indeed an angel ................ my dealings with Saga over recent times have been BRILLIANT but with Adrain Flusylux group well, the former to be sure !

Malc

16 minutes ago, Malc said:

the former

.......... was naturally, the bitch of a son born out of wedlock ............ the appropriate word was deleted by Mods 

Malc