Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What should I do now?

Davirus82

I just purchased this car, https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110309064028

From the looks and wording used by the dealer it is a F-sport however once I got it home and had some time with it I found out it is an SE-L. 

I had to insure and tax it to get home & as this is the 2nd car I would rather not go through the hassle of returning it. With that said it was not as advertised... What should I do? 

2 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

From Auto Trader valuations looks like you have overpaid.

I would contact the dealer and see what they have to say, could well be an honest mistake.

I was going to suggest selling it and also valued it as above - aswell as the slightly lower valuation I also noticed AT is showing it as F Sport  - so my hunch is the dealer has entered the reg into AT and used their pre-filled template.

There is no harm in writing to the dealer with your reasoning and see what they say?

Did they even make an F Sport in this particular year?

6 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

so my hunch is the dealer has entered the reg into AT and used their pre-filled template

Lots of sites use the vehicle reg to identify the vehicle make, model and variant, I believe there is a database where this info is stored and if it's entered incorrectly then that is the source of the problem.

I used to have an estate, but always came up as the saloon version whenever you entered the reg on a website.

49 minutes ago, Davirus82 said:

I just purchased this car, https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110309064028

From the looks and wording used by the dealer it is a F-sport however once I got it home and had some time with it I found out it is an SE-L. 

I had to insure and tax it to get home & as this is the 2nd car I would rather not go through the hassle of returning it. With that said it was not as advertised... What should I do? 

What does the log book say? It's weird because here it says it's an F-Sport and the spec checks out.. Where did you find it says SE-L? 

B23B5E6A-C746-44FB-91D7-2B3714E6F52F.png

• Like 1

Memory seats were axed for the newer cars, so that's not a slam-dunk.

AT link doesn't work, but does it have the rear window blind? Heated & cooled seats? Full leather? Wood trim?

None of this should be present on an F-Sport.

Also, F-Sport is the only model with paddle shifters after 2010.

Link to Ad is no longer available but easy items to identify a SE-L are,

rear electric Sun shade ( not even fitted to IS-F

interior panel trim is wood veneer ( real Wood!)

and…..

A5A3B441-8912-4C1B-819C-50E97E91416C.jpeg

Sadly the advert is now removed so I can't really add my 2p on what the car is.

That said I don't see where the issues is SE-L was top of the range with most features included and F-Sport was second best, lacking cooled seats, rear window bling and swapping real leather for alcantara (which is fancy name for plastic bag). So if I would be sold F-Sport instead of SE-L, I would be disappointed, but it is not like it is easy to make such mistake, but other way around is better.

Thank you all for your help. Will contact lexus tomorrow and get to the bottom of it. 

From the sounds of it all should be as advertised as lots of the above mentioned kit from an SE-L was not in my car.