Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That was a first!!

We had an appointment at our Lexus dealership this morning to test drive a UX, what a disappointment!!

In 50 years of buying cars it's the first time I didn't even bother sitting in it never mind take it out for a test drive.

The salesman unlocked the car and the first thing I did as the car was parked nose in was to open the boot.....it was even smaller than it looked on videos and photos I've seen. It wouldn't even take our weeks shopping for two!! If we went on holiday in it we would end up with half our belongings being on the back seat on display to thieving eyes.

I said to the Mrs, it would primarily be her car, "is this boot big enough for you", the reply "you must be joking, that's it!!".

Looking at a Volvo XC40 later in the week.

Adios all.

This is exactly why one books these things, to get a first hand view of the car. Even from brochures it can be difficult to appreciate the details.

You won't need to be checking out the headlight performance then!

Hope you find the right car for your needs 👍

• Like 1

2021 and later Lexus UX fwd models have a 2 position boot floor. It adds about 25% more storage space, admittedly still not great but I find that when shopping for two the extra space is plenty.

CE85B549-6E99-4ECE-9955-57FAA4072244.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes in many aspects the UX is a poor design for any car of that size let alone a premium brand. My current car, a Kia Niro is actually slightly smaller than the UX but manages a larger boot and substantially more legroom in the back. Better economy  than the UX I think as well, around 60 mpg on average.

Despite this I have on order a UX Takumi, most of us buy cars on the basis of desire over ruling logic in some circumstances.

I remember back in my youth I fell in love with a Wolseley , something like a 14/60 model I believe and why did I want it, because it had an illuminated badge in the grill. Sense prevailed in the end, it was a bit of a tatty old thing.

I have bought several cars in the past that are legendary for the mirth they cause in the motoring press, Austin Allegro, Mini Metro. I have to say that the Allegro was a reliable comfy car, superb 1500cc Maxi engine.  Metro gave me stirling service over many years, amazingly roomy for such a small car, took us with two grandparents and our baby son on holiday, pulled like a train towing a small camping trailer.

So there we are, hope I enjoy the UX when it turns up.

Bill D.

Wow, you must get through a lot of food as it seems to fit a weeks shopping for 6 for us

I mean its supposed to be a CT replacement so surely you'd be looking at an NX for a bigger boot anyway

• Like 1

But the test drive served it's purpose to confirm if it was the right choice of vehicle for you...

Imagine you had purchased online and this get's delivered...

PS Lexus does also manufacture larger vehicles 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Rayaan, our little CT’s boot has for years been more than good enough for the weekly shop and the split seats are most useful from time to time. This includes the airport run in the good old days since the LS 600 boot cannot manage that task! My guess is that for 90% of the time the UX boot will be just fine and this will eventually replace our CT.  Good luck in your search!

It is all about demands and needs. Our UX meets all our demands and needs, Im in it alone most of the time commuting to work. Wife and i go pick grandson up put him in child seat. Wife and i go to supermarket ample room in boot for us. twice a year to Cornwall car filled to brim loaded up to the hilt no problem. Its all about demands and needs. I agree its a small boot i knew that when buying. sometimes i lay seats down if i need to ,.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Yes in many aspects the UX is a poor design for any car of that size let alone a premium brand. My current car, a Kia Niro is actually slightly smaller than the UX but manages a larger boot and substantially more legroom in the back. Better economy  than the UX I think as well, around 60 mpg on average.

Despite this I have on order a UX Takumi, most of us buy cars on the basis of desire over ruling logic in some circumstances.

I remember back in my youth I fell in love with a Wolseley , something like a 14/60 model I believe and why did I want it, because it had an illuminated badge in the grill. Sense prevailed in the end, it was a bit of a tatty old thing.

I have bought several cars in the past that are legendary for the mirth they cause in the motoring press, Austin Allegro, Mini Metro. I have to say that the Allegro was a reliable comfy car, superb 1500cc Maxi engine.  Metro gave me stirling service over many years, amazingly roomy for such a small car, took us with two grandparents and our baby son on holiday, pulled like a train towing a small camping trailer.

So there we are, hope I enjoy the UX when it turns up.

Bill D.

OMG.....not the Kia Niro again...let it go!   🙂

18 hours ago, JohnH100 said:

We had an appointment at our Lexus dealership this morning to test drive a UX, what a disappointment!!

In 50 years of buying cars it's the first time I didn't even bother sitting in it never mind take it out for a test drive.

The salesman unlocked the car and the first thing I did as the car was parked nose in was to open the boot.....it was even smaller than it looked on videos and photos I've seen. It wouldn't even take our weeks shopping for two!! If we went on holiday in it we would end up with half our belongings being on the back seat on display to thieving eyes.

I said to the Mrs, it would primarily be her car, "is this boot big enough for you", the reply "you must be joking, that's it!!".

Looking at a Volvo XC40 later in the week.

Adios all.

Check out a Ford Transit.....massive hidden boot?   🙂

14 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

with a Wolseley , something like a 14/60 model I believe and why did I want it, because it had an illuminated badge

1969 Wolseley 16/60 bought at 3 years old .....  illuminated badge and all ..  and a HUGE boot, brilliant spacious car, leather and walnut beautiful car to drive too ( for it's time ) ....  and the Wolseley 6/110 which my dad had before ....  illuminated badges all ....  and the 6/110 was a 3ltr straight  6 ....  beautiful sumptuous car for sure

My Mk3 Ls400 has a HUGE boot too :thumbsup:

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links