Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus RZ revealed

Here the video:

It seem first deliveries in january 2023, but it is possible a booking of a RZ with a 300 € (here in Italy).

Ten years warranty for Battery at minimum 90% efficiency. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zotto said:

Ten years warranty for battery at minimum 90% efficiency. 

No, Lexus expects only a drop of up to 10% after 10 years, but they aren't putting their warranty around those figures.

They will provide a 10 year warranty but only at 70% capacity, not 90%.

• Like 5

Will be interesting to see when the Lexus sales men call up all the people on PCP deals to switch over if there will be any good deals! I would be tempted to change to one of the figures work well in my favour. 

3 hours ago, Zotto said:

Here the video:

It seem first deliveries in january 2023, but it is possible a booking of a RZ with a 300 € (here in Italy).

Ten years warranty for battery at minimum 90% efficiency. 

Thanks, it's £500 here.

My only fear is that the more people that will book this, the higher the price will be. They are probably testing the market. If there are many people happy to pay deposit, price goes up.

1 hour ago, joelfigueira said:

Will be interesting to see when the Lexus sales men call up all the people on PCP deals to switch over if there will be any good deals! I would be tempted to change to one of the figures work well in my favour. 

I am very interested into it, this car just killed iX3 ( will not even mention VAG group) and also made the NX PHEV pretty much pointless now.

They just need to get the price right. If they follow their US pricing, we will be fine.

spec look great too, ( they all get the 360 camera too )

https://www.lexus.co.uk/car-models/rz/pre-order/#introduction

Personally I would wait a year or two until they have ironed all the bugs out.

10 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

spec look great too, ( they all get the 360 camera too )

But no leather only Tahara Synthetic or Ultra Suede.

10 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

Personally I would wait a year or two until they have ironed all the bugs out.

But no leather only Tahara Synthetic or Ultra Suede.

I will be waiting a couple of years only had my CT less than a year and have 3 years to go so will see if Lexus contact me close to end of my agreement with an offer. 

I’d speculate the OTR will be more like £60-70K depending upon spec.

I have never liked the massive aggressive grills on the newer Lexus but from the headlamps back it looks a very nice package, traction Battery warranty is about the industry standard, some are a bit better some are a little worse (but there should be no issues with Battery life nowadays, as long as it is liquid cooled/heated)

It'll be lovely with a nice cream leather interior and a strong exterior colour.

1 hour ago, Boxbrownie said:

I have never liked the massive aggressive grills on the newer Lexus but from the headlamps back it looks a very nice package, traction Battery warranty is about the industry standard, some are a bit better some are a little worse (but there should be no issues with Battery life nowadays, as long as it is liquid cooled/heated)

It'll be lovely with a nice cream leather interior and a strong exterior colour.

I’m also hoping they do a CT or IS replacement.

I love the Lexus spindle  grill makes the car look aggressive if you have the right spec like the F sport. Sets them apart from looking dull but that’s just my thoughts.

hope the pricing isn’t that expensive and hopefully as Battery technology becomes more mature the pricing can come down a bit. 

1 hour ago, Boxbrownie said:

I have never liked the massive aggressive grills on the newer Lexus but from the headlamps back it looks a very nice package, traction battery warranty is about the industry standard, some are a bit better some are a little worse (but there should be no issues with battery life nowadays, as long as it is liquid cooled/heated)

In the US, they are expecting a price starting from $ 50.000.

If we are talking about £70k, then it will obvioulsy be a hard sell

I am sorry, but I just can't be excited about another damn SUV. New EV coupe that would be something unusual, but new electric SUV is literally old news. As for RZ in particular - design just looks too busy with too many angles which exists just for sake of existing. As well yoke is idiotic (and yes Tesla model plaid yoke is idiotic fad which exists for not other reason than just to be different) in production car, it works well in F1 and other circuit race cars because of their very narrow steering angles (270 degrees max, but no more than 160 degrees actually usable on the track), but it completely does not work on the car where you have 720 degrees of steering and practical application of using car on the street, this stupid fad need to die out before it becomes popular. It is literally dangerous on road car and I argue should be banned. Like we don't use slicks on road we should not use F1 steering wheels.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

In the US, they are expecting a price starting from $ 50.000.

If we are talking about £70k, then it will obvioulsy be a hard sell

In the US the Tesla M3 was selling for $35K everyone over here said it would be the same in pounds, not a chance, manufacturers know they can get away with charging much more in the U.K. market, we are the cash cow when it comes to new vehicle sales.

The AWD Toyota bZ4X is £ 50k which is less powerful due to using a smaller motor. I therefore cannot see the Lexus starting below £ 55k but wouldn't be surprised if it starts at £ 60k. Hopefully they will be realistic this time and not have to do an embarrassing price drop after just a few months as they did with the UX300e.

5 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

In the US the Tesla M3 was selling for $35K everyone over here said it would be the same in pounds, not a chance, manufacturers know they can get away with charging much more in the U.K. market, we are the cash cow when it comes to new vehicle sales.

Tesla never launched the $ 35k spec M3 in the UK. Equivalent spec M3s are priced about the same, once you factor in VAT vs sales tax differences.

• Like 1

Not sure if the drivetrain is competitive enough for the pricepoint. 71.4KW, 309HP and 250 WLTP ( in real world driving minus 25% = 187 miles? ). Its all a bit middle of the road to me and certainly nothing special let alone class leading. Stylingwise i do like the rear, very strong. Front a bit generic will have to wait to see it in the flesh. I expect everything to work and keep working ( Hi VW/Audi) and the interior seems ok except from the marketing department induced Joke steeringwheel. Will it be worth the premium over a BZX?

Difference in the past between Toyota models and Lexus, at least overhere, was quite big. Different engines wonderful creamy six cylinders, hybrids, 8 pots. Are we now going to see THESAME engines in both brands?? Will Lexus become Toyotas with lipstick??

So far the NX seems a better proposition.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Not sure if the drivetrain is competitive enough for the pricepoint. 71.4KW, 309HP and 250 WLTP ( in real world driving minus 25% = 187 miles? ). Its all a bit middle of the road to me and certainly nothing special let alone class leading. Stylingwise i do like the rear, very strong. Front a bit generic will have to wait to see it in the flesh. I expect everything to work and keep working ( Hi VW/Audi) and the interior seems ok except from the marketing department induced Joke steeringwheel. Will it be worth the premium over a BZX?

Difference in the past between Toyota models and Lexus, at least overhere, was quite big. Different engines wonderful creamy six cylinders, hybrids, 8 pots. Are we now going to see THESAME engines in both brands?? Will Lexus become Toyotas with lipstick??

So far the NX seems a better proposition.

Except it doesnt have the same engine as the BZX and the interior looks to be a large upgrade as it is. Its also got direct 4 so can shuffle 100% of power to any independent wheel and uses steer by wire. I would say thats fairly innovative stuff. The yoke seems better thought out than Tesla whereby you have to turn it 400 degrees lock to lock. The RZ can do the same in 300 degrees so you never have to cross your hands. 

When you say the drivetrain isnt competitive enough, what are you comparing it to? For a start the Q4 e-tron starts at £49k with a 55 kwh Battery, takes 9 seconds to get to 62mph and is quoted at 198 miles. A similiar spec vehicle to a Lexus RZ would be Vorsprung trim which is £56k 

I can see buying one of these and plugging it through the company to get 100% FYA which is the real benefit of an EV

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Not sure if the drivetrain is competitive enough for the pricepoint. 71.4KW, 309HP and 250 WLTP ( in real world driving minus 25% = 187 miles? ). Its all a bit middle of the road to me and certainly nothing special let alone class leading.

That is my thought exactly - would have been market leader in 2015, sort of "good enough" around 2020 if competitively priced, but by now is little bit underwhelming. Similarly priced cars would have like 100miles more range from similarly sized Battery

As for Lexus being just "Toyota with Lipstick" - it kind of already is, look at UX or ES... The only cars which are somewhat better are LS/LC, NX/RX just get's much better interior and equipment, making them somewhat good value, but apart of that the differences between the brands really disappeared a few years back. 

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Except it doesnt have the same engine as the BZX and the interior looks to be a large upgrade as it is. Its also got direct 4 so can shuffle 100% of power to any independent wheel and uses steer by wire. I would say thats fairly innovative stuff. The yoke seems better thought out than Tesla whereby you have to turn it 400 degrees lock to lock. The RZ can do the same in 300 degrees so you never have to cross your hands. 

When you say the drivetrain isnt competitive enough, what are you comparing it to? For a start the Q4 e-tron starts at £49k with a 55 kwh battery, takes 9 seconds to get to 62mph and is quoted at 1 miles. A similiar spec vehicle to a Lexus RZ would be Vorsprung trim which is £56k 

I can see buying one of these and plugging it through the company to get 100% FYA which is the real benefit of an EV

I wouldnt compare it to the Audi which by the way is a total sales flop, too expensive for what you get and i only hope the RZ will not be judged as thesame thesame but i am not so confident. This is a wildly competitive segment with new cars beeing thrown in by the week.

Just try the TESLA Y. comparable in size/package and starting at 55k for the long range. 331 WLTP, 378HP, 0 60 in 4.8 sec and to top it off the supercharger network. Forget about the charging but for a Lexus i would expect something similar, it just does not seem good enough?

22 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

I wouldnt compare it to the Audi which by the way is a total sales flop, too expensive for what you get and i only hope the RZ will not be judged as thesame thesame but i am not so confident. This is a wildly competitive segment with new cars beeing thrown in by the week.

Just try the TESLA Y. comparable in size/package and starting at 55k for the long range. 331 WLTP, 378HP, 0 60 in 4.8 sec and to top it off the supercharger network. Forget about the charging but for a Lexus i would expect something similar, it just does not seem good enough?

You can't really compare the model y to the RZ. 

The RZ is in a class above and the quality of Tesla in general is extremely poor especially refinement. They're riddled with issues. 

Fair enough if you just want tech but as a car it's nowhere near a proper contender 

The best thing Tesla have done is how they created there charging network so Tesla drivers don’t have any worries about running out of electric while also maintaining them. As for there cars like it’s been said build quality is poor and other areas are just gimmicky. 

Hi all.

Watched about the new Lexus yesterday seems ok.

My view regarding the good points and bad as i see them.

Good the back looks good and interior looks ok and it even has buttons not built into the screen for heated rear windows and demister🙂 also has not got the ipad like other cars like Tesla and some fords i have seen.

Bad what no leather even in the top spec and the steering wheel what use is this to ordinary driving, the front is ok but why no grill even if it is covered in  it has a face then.

Battery has not got enough range needs to be at least 300 miles and why so slow 99 mph why.

Alas it is not for me not because of what i have highlighted but i just do not do Tonker toys i am a saloon car man or hatch back only.

65mike.

• Like 1

Hi all.

What ever we all seem to think off Tesla and i do not like them my self they seem to be selling well how long for no body knows and they seem by what i have read a good range capability more than most.

65mike.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links