Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2016 Lexus RX 450h F-Sport Engine Rattle/Knock Update 21.4.22

The Car was returned to Lexus Gatwick for the Third time on 28.3.22.

As i said in my last Post, Tim the Technician informed me the new problems they had found that had moved from Cylinder 4 after the new Injector on Cylinder 4 had been replaced with new one, but unfortunately he's been off sick for a while, but returned yesterday.

He messaged me yesterday  that they have ordered another new Injector that should be here today, but they were also getting Multiple Misfires in that 15 Second Cycle  that they thought could be poor Fuel.

They have replaced my Shell V-Power Fuel with whatever they use and are now no longer getting the Multiple Misfires when the Engine has its problem in the 15 Second Cycle ...... mmmmmmm !!

Maybe get the car back soon for next Update !

Thanks

Rob

• Like 5

Been following your posts with interest as my 2016 F Sport started exactly the same thing.  I noticed a rattle and poor idle at start up. Your video clip was more or less identical to my issue.  I had been using the E10 fuel and the lexus dealer said poor fuel would cause issues.  

I have recently been running Redex cleaner and switched back to E5 fuel, and have to say it has definitely improved.

I am a few thousand miles from next service, but will be asking them to check injectors as next service.  

1 hour ago, PGLex said:

Been following your posts with interest as my 2016 F Sport started exactly the same thing.  I noticed a rattle and poor idle at start up. Your video clip was more or less identical to my issue.  I had been using the E10 fuel and the lexus dealer said poor fuel would cause issues.  

I have recently been running Redex cleaner and switched back to E5 fuel, and have to say it has definitely improved.

I am a few thousand miles from next service, but will be asking them to check injectors as next service.  

Hi PGLex

We picked the Car up from Lexus Gatwick back in January and it had this problem as soon as we got it home.

Obviously i don't know what Fuel the previous owner put in it, but i personally don't think its poor Fuel.

Its been back to Lexus Gatwick Three times now, so they've probably had it as long as ive had it, and ive only ever put Shell V-Power E5 Petrol in it (At least Three to Four Tankfulls ) and the Engine Knock/Rattle has remained the same.

• Like 1

I will be interested to hear what they say at Gatwick, and hope they sort it for you.

I plan on taking mine to a different dealer for next service as my dash cam caught my car being "tested" at 90mph on local roads after its last service. Not a great experience, but i dont want to be put off a great car by a poor service experience.  

Shame your experience has been bad, as the RX is a great car.

Redex definitely improved things, and I have added for about 4 fill ups now. 

Hope you either reject and get the car you want, or they sort the issue for you. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PGLex said:

I plan on taking mine to a different dealer for next service as my dash cam caught my car being "tested" at 90mph on local roads after its last service. Not a great experience, but i dont want to be put off a great car by a poor service experience.  

I hope you complained, I would have demanded a full refund at least.

• Like 1