Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Inner rear tyres wearing faster…

My GSF is on 26k on what seems like original tyres going by the date code and I have noticed the inner edges of both rear tyres have worn down much more than the rest of the tyre. Really hard to spot unless you get under the car or have the wheels off. Had an advisory on it last year on the MOT, but all seemed ok when I looked but I am going to have to change it soon now. Car drives fine and doesn’t pull or anything.

I remember reading somewhere that a lot of Lexus models do this and this is the way it is set up at the factory. Anyone know if this is the case or am I going to need the alignment done? And if so, to factory specs or something different?

Thanks

My PSS original tyres did it something awful, but they came with sod all tread on when I picked the car up in 2018, so thought nothing of it.

I had a set of PS4's all round and with it being daily driven, lasted about 24k miles, didn't notice the same happening though, but I did wear them to the limit! I now have PS4S's (discount code made them as cheap as PS4) and they've been on the car since and still plenty of tread, no sign of same wear pattern but would admit with use of other cars, lockdown and a job much closer to home, mileage has been reduced from 12k per year to 4ish.

Mine are PSS all round. Both fronts were replaced prior to me collecting the car as 1 tyre had side wall damage, so not going to change those for a while.. So I don’t actually know if the fronts were wearing on the inner edge too at the time. Currently the front which only have 4,5k on them, seem fine all over. Wonder if I should stick with PSS on the rears to keep all tyres the same or try PS4’s and have mixed tyres.

Isn't this just down to negative camber and common on performance cars?

I have the same issue on my 63 (as @NemesisUK mentions).

It's a real pain, as you rightly say, unless you get under the car, it's difficult to see!