Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice needed.

On 4/25/2022 at 12:22 AM, Texas said:

But no entitlement to Vote in Elections 🙄

a blessing :whistling:

I understand in Australia one's compelled by LAW to vote 

Malc

10 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Are you really that keen on having dogs and a wife?

I love my dogs, they’re my best friends, the wife, well………. Not much more I can say 😂……. Actually she’s ok, like she says it’s my money.

• Haha 2

Lock your dog in a boot of a car for 10 mins and lock your wife in a car for 10 mins and then see who is actually pleased to see you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I have also been looking for the 'one' car does all, as need to take my GSD away when we go. All the faff of double tax and Insurance plus upkeep is getting a chore. D3 V8s also drink twice what an ISF does 😀 

As I want, not need, something with some presence and go I have sort of settled on a E63 AMG estate with the bi turbo 5.5l V8. Gets decent mpg on long runs and still has plenty of performance and gadgets to make it interesting.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well the issue should be resolved on Sunday, opted for another car for the dogs, kayaks n Spanish jaunts @Flytvr you’ll be pleased to know I’m back in Volvo 😂……. V50 BUT with the 2.4 auto petrol unit, couldn’t stand the idea of more agg with a Ford engine 😉……so the F remains.

• Like 6

On 5/10/2022 at 5:36 PM, Womble72 said:

Well the issue should be resolved on Sunday, opted for another car for the dogs, kayaks n Spanish jaunts @Flytvr you’ll be pleased to know I’m back in Volvo 😂……. V50 BUT with the 2.4 auto petrol unit, couldn’t stand the idea of more agg with a Ford engine 😉……so the F remains.

Well done 👍 I'm meeting with a car dealer later this week, he has a E63 AMG estate and is offering a reasonable deal with the ISF, so mine may well be going back onto the market with a trader in the not too distance future. Having not driven a E63 it will be interesting to see how they compare. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Charliecloud said:

Having not driven a E63 it will be interesting to see how they compare. 

I'm thinking you'll be needing immeasurably deep pockets financially to keep her on the road tho' :whistling:

Malc

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting to read all those updates.

Mine is my daily, mods and all, regular trips to France, even more regular trips to Cumbria from Herts. Two dogs and a car seat in it most days and regularly get high twenties or low thirties. 

Car remains in relatively mint condition but like others have said, I bought it to drive it so I expect wear and tear and given the choice I wouldn't drive anything else.

Mine has 99k on it now and I intend to keep it for another 99k at least. There is nothing out there (yet) that beats it. And I look..... Regularly!! 

Running two cars is never going to be cheaper/better than running one (in my opinion) and if I had to choose one, I already own it.

I know others views will differ but if you could, why wouldn't you run this car daily. They are all going to depreciate but the beauty of an ISF is, it's already done most of its depreciation already.

@Northern Dan - I would have kept it, but for the fact that my GSD would never fit in a ISF.  I once looked at a ISF that the owner kept his dog in and the state of the plastics were enough to make you cry. If Lexus made an estate with the ISF motor in it, then that would be a viable option. 

My AMG E63 has the M157 motor in it and despite its size and power it will return 28-32mpg on a sedate trip. Around the B roads where I live it's more 20-25mpg. The D3 V8 that I also have will do 10-12mpg on B roads and mid to high 20s on a sedate cruise. The D3 is also going shortly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charliecloud said:

@Northern Dan - I would have kept it, but for the fact that my GSD would never fit in a ISF.  I once looked at a ISF that the owner kept his dog in and the state of the plastics were enough to make you cry. If Lexus made an estate with the ISF motor in it, then that would be a viable option. 

My AMG E63 has the M157 motor in it and despite its size and power it will return 28-32mpg on a sedate trip. Around the B roads where I live it's more 20-25mpg. The D3 V8 that I also have will do 10-12mpg on B roads and mid to high 20s on a sedate cruise. The D3 is also going shortly. 

I very nearly changed the rear seat to one from as IS-250 to accommodate the dogs as I was struggling to part with my F……. I finally gave in and accepted another car to run in the form of a V50 2.4i auto petrol, short trips would of been ok in the F BUT we’ve a property in Spain and take the dogs with us and that was my decision maker…….the V50 is an old one BUT low miles and fsh so I can justify the cost as not loosing much on outlay…….. just petrol (when used) and about £45 a month in tax n insurance 

2 hours ago, Charliecloud said:

I would have kept it, but for the fact that my GSD would never fit in a ISF.  I once looked at a ISF that the owner kept his dog in and the state of the plastics were enough to make you cry. If Lexus made an estate with the ISF motor in it, then that would be a viable option. 

I am currently running my F as a temp dog-mobile. Have covered rear seats to avoid nail marks in the leather, no issues so far. My GSD just lays down and nods off haha. I would admit they are fairly short journies, max 1 hour at the moment. I would conceed that I don't fancy a drive to Spain as @Womble72would be doing, bit cramped for his and my liking I'd imagine.

I would presume they didn't cover the plastics very well in the car you mentioned and the dog was a keen window surfer, ha?!

14 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Running two cars is never going to be cheaper/better than running one (in my opinion) and if I had to choose one, I already own it.

Yeah I've never understood this either. I've had a few comments / surprised reactions when I tell people my RCF is my only car. But like, what's the alternative, paying even more to run a second car? The whole point is it does both daily and fun driving very well, and if I was going to run 2 cars I would get an S2000 or something instead.

Admittedly I work from home most of the time and don't do many miles in general, so fuel costs aren't a major concern.