Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H vs USA IS300/350 bumper and diffuser

Hi All, I’ve noted that IS300H may not be available in the US. However a 300 & 350 model (petrol only) are available. The rear diffuser on them have 2 tail pipes. Are these available in the UK and if so, does anyone have any contacts of where I can obtain this? I’m liking the ‘quiet’ but would prefer a little exhaust sound.

4A1EE215-D014-4D10-A807-F262D9E2091A.jpeg

0BED2DE8-2EF9-43F5-AB95-6702BA522200.jpeg

Kind of missing the point of the hybrid then,  maybe better off getting the IS250 or IS200t.
That i said i do miss the sight of the shinny chrome exhaust tips.

Someone on the forum has done a conversion if you search for the page.

8 minutes ago, agent_dess said:

Kind of missing the point of the hybrid then,  maybe better off getting the IS250 or IS200t.
That i said i do miss the sight of the shinny chrome exhaust tips.

Someone on the forum has done a conversion if you search for the page.

Ok thanks 

16 minutes ago, Niraj-3IS said:

Hi All, I’ve noted that IS300H may not be available in the US. However a 300 & 350 model (petrol only) are available. The rear diffuser on them have 2 tail pipes. Are these available in the UK and if so, does anyone have any contacts of where I can obtain this? I’m liking the ‘quiet’ but would prefer a little exhaust sound.

4A1EE215-D014-4D10-A807-F262D9E2091A.jpeg

0BED2DE8-2EF9-43F5-AB95-6702BA522200.jpeg

IS300 is called IS200t in UK, IS200t has same bumper with tailpipes as IS300 in US. Likewise IS250 has same bumper.

33 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

IS300 is called IS200t in UK, IS200t has same bumper with tailpipes as IS300 in US. Likewise IS250 has same bumper.

That's not the point i was making, my advice for more exhaust sound was to get the IS250 or IS200t.. the IS300h is by nature a quiet car.
If your looking for a bit of engine growl you can try drilling a hole in the air intake box (i did that on my IS250) it added a nice sound, but again should you be doing this on the IS300h is a different story.

If you are still looking to do the exhaust conversion do note the exhaust tip on the is300h points downward which means a bit of the exhaust will need cutting.

• Like 1

Yes, sorry I only looked at it from cosmetic point of view. If the exhaust sound is important, then the only option is IS250. IS200t sounds crap itself and IS300h doesn't have much sound at all - there is exhaust already under the bumper, and just having chrome exhaust tips won't make sound any different.

3 minutes ago, agent_dess said:

That's not the point i was making, my advice for more exhaust sound was to get the IS250 or IS200t.. the IS300h is by nature a quiet car.
If your looking for a bit of engine growl you can try drilling a hole in the air intake box (i did that on my IS250) it added a nice sound, but again should you be doing this on the IS300h is a different story.

If you are still looking to do the exhaust conversion do note the exhaust tip on the is300h points downward which means a bit of the exhaust will need cutting.

I may consider a dual custom back box with a low tone output. Gonna enjoy the silence until then 

1 minute ago, Niraj-3IS said:

I may consider a dual custom back box with a low tone output. Gonna enjoy the silence until then 

Won't make a difference on IS300h... There is saying "junk in junk out" - if there is no sound to begin with, what the custom back box will do? If you have nice engine sound which just get's muted (like IS250) then sure, but if there is no sound, then what are you amplifying? 

• Haha 1

You can find them in the eBay, otherwise Lexus. But Lexus may not sell it to you unless you provide matching VIN for the part. But 17408-31100  shows me the standard round tip when searching for it. 

23 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Yes, sorry I only looked at it from cosmetic point of view. If the exhaust sound is important, then the only option is IS250. IS200t sounds crap itself and IS300h doesn't have much sound at all - there is exhaust already under the bumper, and just having chrome exhaust tips won't make sound any different.

My IS200t doesn't sound crap, it just doesn't sound at all You can't hear the engine or the exhaust in normal driving. If you want to go faster put it into sport with traction control off and you get a bit less turbo lag and lively performance. but still very quiet All the noise comes from the tyres.

Horses for courses, but the 200t is more of a cruiser and is definitely not really a sports saloon. I like it even if nobody else does 😸.

5 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

You can find them in the ebay, otherwise Lexus. But Lexus may not sell it to you unless you provide matching VIN for the part. But 17408-31100  shows me the standard round tip when searching for it. 

And for everything else there is https://amayama.com/   😁
Ive bought so much stuff from them and at fraction of price with decent shipping time.

4 minutes ago, GMB said:

My IS200t doesn't sound crap, it just doesn't sound at all You can't hear the engine or the exhaust in normal driving. If you want to go faster put it into sport with traction control off and you get a bit less turbo lag and lively performance. but still very quiet All the noise comes from the tyres.

Horses for courses, but the 200t is more of a cruiser and is definitely not really a sports saloon. I like it even if nobody else does 😸.

I would be tempted to do the f-sport air intake mod aka cut a hole on the side.... it really does add a nice growl.
But it is one way trip so do proceed at your own caution 😉

37 minutes ago, GMB said:

It is noisier than 300h, but that noise it makes isn't what I would call "nice". All in all I have never seen 4-banger which sounds "good", some are loud (like boosted 4G63 with 600hp), but none are good, just not the configurations which is known for sounding nice. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

It is noisier than 300h, but that noise it makes isn't what I would call "nice". All in all I have never seen 4-banger which sounds "good", some are loud (like boosted 4G63 with 600hp), but none are good, just not the configurations which is knows for sounding nice. 

Yes, you need a naturally aspirated straight 6, V6 or V8 for the orchestral sounds à la IsF. Or even a two stroke triple such as the old Kawasaki 500 and 750.

I had an Austin Healey sprite Mk 111   1098 in the 60's and people said they could always hear me coming because it sounded like a farting pig arriving. I think they were talking about the car?  They were right, even rotten old Morris Minors had a horrible rasp on the overrun. The sound from the 200t exhaust sounds like someone designed an industrial air extraction unit with no musical qualities whatsoever, but at least I can't hear it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes agreed - under normal driving conditions the best "feature" of IS200t (and I had RC200t) is that engine cannot be heard. One has to push it all the way to even hear it and it seems that engine is not overly happy to be revved and doesn't well either. 

12 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Yes agreed - under normal driving conditions the best "feature" of IS200t (and I had RC200t) is that engine cannot be heard. One has to push it all the way to even hear it and it seems that engine is not overly happy to be revved and doesn't well either. 

Interesting article in Car and Driver magazine explains it for those who are interested in mechanical trivia.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15107374/this-is-why-various-engine-types-sound-so-different-feature/